Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    Wanted to point out that someone remotely hacking your computer is almost impossible using a VPN. That is one reason a lot of folks use them. They are not expensive for the degree of security and your computer is mostly anonymous.

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    Virtual private network. You download a program. Once you start the program you can select to be connected through a server anywhere in the world. Here is a brief write up I found in a quick search:

A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, allows you to create a secure connection to another network over the Internet. VPNs can be used to access region-restricted websites, shield your browsing activity from prying eyes on public Wi-Fi, and more.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    sounds good but then I have no clue what a VPN is

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    VPN put the fear into me! As I get on in years, tech seems to be more magic than logic. I installed CyberGhost VPN and there was no magic or the need to understand it at all. (WHEW!). Watched my first Spurs game through it via NBA League Pass and actually recorded the game with some free software app. Only issue is that you have to press the WATCH button at the NBA League Pass page to start watching so even with the ability to set up a timer, haven't figured out how to initiate the watch thing without clicking on it.

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    started a topic easy and reliable VPN

easy and reliable VPN

Well Fox and DishTV are still at odds over carriage charges. DishTV has pulled ALL Fox sports stuff. NBA/Spurs are coming on in a few weeks. I am going to have to subscribe to NBA League Pass to get these games as I won't pay a streaming service $40-50 a month to watch (Hulu and such). That said, the games are blacked out locally hence the question about a VPN. I will load one on my missus laptop and stream games live and hook to my flat screen via HDMI.

Anybody use a VPN that is reliable and easy for a tech-idiot to use? I have been looking at google and at top 10s and there is NO agreement by the gurus and I think many have a vested interest in putting one of these products over the others. You use a VPN?
Working...
X