Best Buy Geek Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy Geek Squad

right up front, this is not an endorsement or rejection .... back in late January we purchased 2 new laptops from Best Buy in Conroe, TX .... as part of the deal we wanted our old laptops checked for any virus type issues and the program data transferred to our new computers .... to perform this operation their standard charge is $99.99 per computer .... the sales person we worked with recommended buying a one year "Geek Squad Service Plan" for one cent more ($199.99) that covers bunches of in home, in store, and in store vehicle services .... without any serious consideration, we bought it .... doing so has turned out to be a very good thing for us .... in addition to data transfer mentioned above, we just had them install a replacement GPS antenna wire in our Sportchassis (list price for this service is $64.99) at no cost to us .... today one of their techs is due to come to our camper and setup a wireless printer system .... normal charge $99.99, having the service plan our charge will be $49.99 .... when we get back home I plan to have a new backup camera installed in our truck .... normal labor charge starts at $99.99, with the service plan there will be no labor charge .... I doubt we will renew this plan in January 2021 but so long as we have it, I plan to get all of the use out of it that I can
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

our HP Laser Jet Pro M15w printer is up and running .... without 3+ hours of work from a very competent member of the Geek Squad, that would not be the case .... further, I would never have been able to get it preforming as advertised .... the reason is simple, the instructions that came with the printer are way beyond pathetic .... the printer has its own wireless system .... it does not require a separate wireless source for it to print without a cable hookup .... what they do not tell you is, without a separate wireless source, its almost impossible to get the one in the printer operational ..... it took a the Geek working on our system about 2 hours to of working with their top resource to figure it out .... bottom line, we can now print from either of our laptops located in or around the camper .... it really works well
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
    X