Trip video recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip video recording

Anyone here using a GoPro camera to capture a trip from the dashboard view? Considering getting one and having all the driving time videoed for later edit. Yep, lots of SD cards....
    Joe
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Have thought about that before.
    DW may be saying "Hey look at this or that".
    Hard to do when driving.

But if it were recorded you could always have a look later.
    That just reminded me.
    My nephew installs elect. equip on cop cars.
    That camera might work well.
    Thanks for the memory boost Joe.
    Lee
    Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
    Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
    04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
    07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
    16K Pullrite Super Slide
    2006 Excel 30RSO
    All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Joe,
      We have a go pro and If you would like we could do a video of our next trip. But, you would have to get a very large card in order to do 2 or more hours of video. Keep in mind it also picks up sound, so any conversation you have will be on recored too.

We love our go pro. If you search this forum for "race video" you can find a link to my utube page of races.

We are honestly thinking about upgrading to the HD version.
      08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
      2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
      2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
      hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

Sara, thanks.
        Have been looking at them long and hard...supposedly, can get more than one day's driving on a 32gb card--already have 2 of the cards. Several of them on Craigslist.
        Not sure that I can steel myself to download each days' driving on the AK trip to the 1TB HD that I have, but thats how I think I will do it.

Did you get the 450 out of the hospital?

Joe
        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
        Livin to go campin

Comment

Yep, and she's running top notch now.

We have a trip planned for the 30-31st to head north a bit for a race weekend. So Ill attempt to remember and get it loaded so you can see how it would actually work for you.
          08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories

Comment

Do you mean for Coles racing, or for looking out the windshield? I am really interested in what it shows going down the road. On top of that, I think I intend to have one permanently in place to record my work driving, in case something happens (hopefully, not my fault). I watch COPS on tv now and then and what they show is what I hope to come up with--well, not the wrecks...
            Joe
            '10 F450 4x4--new to me
            Livin to go campin

Comment

Here is a link to a cost effective dash cam I already provided to Joe.
              I would consider this one because of the angle and its made for that job.

Car Camera with Car Power Adaptor, Dash Cam, Camera for your Car's Dash Board

It could be proof of who shot you during a road rage incident.
              Lee
              16K Pullrite Super Slide
              2006 Excel 30RSO
              All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

I can load a dash view, now granted I wont perm mount it to our dash board so it may be bumpy, but you can see what the view will be from your dash mount and give you a better idea if this option would work for you. Give me a chance to record a bit of our next trip and to load it once we get back home and Ill either direct e mail or youtube it and send you a link. Your choice.

I have several race videos you can already view.

Comment

I did a google search and this is a start. They do have dash mounts I've seen them on the catalog list we have from our last order.
                  GoPro Dash cam - YouTube

Comment

GOPR0054 - YouTube

Heres a link from our gopro this weekend. Dont mind the rattle I didn't close the back door lever so it bounced a bit, but once the door is locked its tight and no movement.

Comment

Can youturn up the radio a bit?
                      I can hardly hear it.
                      Lee
                      16K Pullrite Super Slide
                      2006 Excel 30RSO
                      All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Sara,
                        Thanks, that what I was needing to see. Some driving like I will be doing. But, guess I will be doing a lot of editing out of some boring areas...and got to rethink the audio, might say something I would regret.
                        Joe
                        Have until May 12 to get something set up--have bought a used Sony HD camcorder with 120GB and image stabilizers. Will try that first--if it works, then no need for the GP; if it doesn't, then I should have a great camera for the AK trip to replace my mini-DV Sony.
                        Again, thanks.
                        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                        Livin to go campin

Comment

I had to do two videos, the first one was on the way down the hill you could hear everything we said. and once we got to the bottom of the hill one of the Jerks at the bottom of the hill got david upset... I would post it but yall would think we were crazy. You have to be very careful what you say b/c well you can hear everything. I may post part of the video to give you an idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X