I've Had It With Photobucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Had It With Photobucket

for a host of reasons, when it comes to using Photobucket, I'm done .... I'm not suggestion that anyone else do so but if there is anyone else who would like to delete their membership, here is how to do so :

Log in to PB. Click on what would be your avatar on the top right. From the drop down click settings. From the file tabs click account. On the bottom of that page should be a place to click to delete your account.

I followed the above directions and I think I was able to delete our account .... to test it, typed in their web address in another window .... my screen name and sign-in data were still there ..... followed the directions again and when I got down to the ===> Delete Account <=== along with I found a note saying, Your account will be deleted 07/11/2017 .... it also gave me an option to undo the delete .... that may explain why my info was still there .... guess time will tell

Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

What was the problem with PB?
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

I believe they levied a new and heft charge to view your photos... I've been seeing similar reactions on other forums... RV and RC.

Jim, if you are looking for a new photo repository, I suggest Flickr. I think there are still free memberships but we opted for pro (I think it's a little over CAD100/year). We've been using it since 2005 and are currently storing just under 31,000 high resolution photos there.

Bonus: the share option includes BBCode... forum copy and paste!

2012 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2701SS > ProPride 3P 1400 > 2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost
      www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

the problem was having to go through a stream of popup ads from the time you tried to sign on until signing off .... in addition, a constant effort to force you to pay for additional services .... as noted, just to view your pictures .... in addition, loading pictures to some forums got to be a hassle .... we've use IrfanView ===> http://www.irfanview.com/ to process our pictures and store them on multiple USB drives
        Last edited by JEBar; 07-09-2017, 08:52 PM.
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I use Google Photos and Amazon Photos. I gave up on Photobucket years ago.
          Russell
          '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
          '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
          Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
          '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

I've used Walmart to develop any pictures we take, you do have to upload them to their website but the cost of developing the pics is reasonable and you can get 1 hour service. You can also switch to having them developed to a nearby Walmart while on the road. We use a Florida Walmart, you just have to remember to change the "Favorite Store" when you move. With the computer or phone this type of picture developing is convenient if you are anxious to have them quickly.
            Westwind
            Rhode Island
            2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
            2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
            Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
            2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
            2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
            Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't had hard copy photos done commercially in a decade. If I want a printed photo I do it on my color printer on photo paper.
              Russell
              '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
              '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
              Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
              '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

I just use Apple's iCloud to store and share photos. It works great, the pics are on (or available on) all my devices, and on our family's devices. I am just happy with the Apple ecosystem.
                2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
                2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment

Icloud here too. 50gb storage for .99 a month. I can take a picture with my phone and it's on my laptop in 2 minutes.
                  2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                  06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                  16K DrawTite, LineX
                  His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                  Elle and BJ

In the past:
                  97 27RKFS SB
                  04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

I used dropbox for a long time switched to Apple now evert thing is on iCloud on every device and any time
                    Ed & Maxine Thompson

Comment

No problems with PB here at all. Also no charges.
                      2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS -Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
                      View Photos
                      Mor-Ryde pin box and suspension, Auto Leveling System, Polar Package, Dual Pane Windows, 2 AC's
                      And more...

2009 Chev. Silverado
                      View Photo
                      Long box, Dually, Crew Cab, 4X4, Duramax/Allison, American Tank 65 gal. aux fuel

View our Trip Journal

Comment

Working...
                      X