Heic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heic

everyone out there but me probably is aware that there is a new designation for saving High Def pictures .... we've been using JPG/JPEG with our Irfan View picture processing program we couldn't open some pictures saved and sent to us with an HEIC designation .... after doing a bit of checking, we found that there was an update for Irfan View that now allows us to work with such pictures .... just a heads-up in case anyone else runs into this
    Last edited by JEBar; 12-16-2018, 05:22 AM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Yep. I turned off the HEIC feature on our iPhones until Windows catches up and starts recognizing them. If anyone has HEIC pictures that they need converted to JPEG... iMazing HEIC converter is a free program that will do it.

I tried several programs before I found one that would keep the original file data of the HEIC file and copy it to the new JPEG file.

EX.
    HEIC photo taken on SEP 1, 2018 (when using iMazing HEIC converter) becomes a JPEG photo taken on SEP 1, 2018.

Some converter programs will assign the file conversion date as the date taken. That presents problems for folks that are sorting photos by "date taken".
    iMazing HEIC converter is a free Mac and PC app which converts photos from HEIC to JPEG or PNG.
    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
    sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Never heard of it.
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually