Error Reporting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Reporting

just wondering if I'm the only one .... for the most part, I've found the latest map data on our Garmin GPS to be pretty accurate but most certainly not perfect .... earlier this year I decided try to report errors and have placed the page I have to go to in "Favorites" .... so far, every thing I've reported has been acknowledged by email .... I haven't downloaded a map update since starting the reports and am looking forward to doing so .... so far I've reported :

incorrect directions to exit a major road around San Antonio and get on the service road for no reason whatsoever

a change in the speed limit on road that runs from the interstate to our favorite CG in western NC

the fact that their map program doesn't recognize an intersection between two roads within a mile of our home

anybody else take the time to report GPS errors to the folks that make your unit

Jim
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

I found one in San Antonio, called interstate I-35 one thirty five instead, sort of screwed me up till I realized there was no route 135 in the area...
    sigpic
    PAULA AND GARY

2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
    2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

Comment

as noted above, I used Garmin's website to report an error in the map data they have for a road in our neighborhood .... they had a line one the map for a one mile +/- two lane road but didn't have it named .... that made following their verbal directions "interesting" for folks who don't know the area .... I didn't get an acknowledgement and had pretty much forgotten about it until today .... we updated our maps a couple of days ago and today the correct info was shown on the screen and in the verbal directions .... I do have to admit that I am a bit impressed that they would make the effort to correct such a small omission .... in addition, they have corrected the speed limit error we reported on the road to Hominy Valley CG in western NC .... in Feb it will be interesting to see if they have fixed the error around San Antonio
      Last edited by JEBar; 12-14-2015, 02:42 AM.
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Rand-McNally doesn't change things that easily. Our local VFW Post is shown on the map as being abt 6 miles from the actual location (on I-20). I have reported it twice and sit in the parking lot and sent the exact location. No good they want more proof...

Sigh, I would probably have a Garmin but they don't allow custom POI's last I checked.
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
        2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Google Maps is very responsive to changes i have given
          Ed & Maxine Thompson

Comment

Working...
          X