Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still use a dedicated GPS unit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a recent rip with another couple, the built in gps in my buddies rig kept taking us all over the place we vowed to have a party when we got home and burn the gps at the stake. thank God I had my Garmin in my rig.
    Papa Bob
    2008 32' Brookside 275FWRKS by Sunnybrook
    2002 Ford F250 SD 7.3L PSD
    Trailair Equa-Flex, Riderite Air Bags
    Champion C46540

Comment

Originally posted by jwstewar View Post
      That is why you download an app like Smart RV app. You get all the benefits of the real time Google Map updates/traffic, but you can also program it with your height and length and it will use that route to direct you.
      Which app did you download?

Smart Route for RV is free to download, but costs $20 to subscribe for 1 month, $52 for 1 year or $99 for 3 year subscription.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Russell
      '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
      '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
      Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
      '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Originally posted by Westwind View Post
        My 2015 3500 had one in it, I originally turned away from the truck but after spending a month looking for a Chevy/GMC in New England and find nothing but loaded Denali's I gave up got a good deal and bought it. While snowbirding in Florida it has come in handy. But I just checked on an update and GM wants
        over $150 - that upgrade is not in my future for sure, I'll put the money towards a Garmin for RV's.
        And I found out that you can't use anyone else's, the updates are matched to the vehicle
        sigpic
        PAULA AND GARY

2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
        2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by drfife View Post
          Which app did you download?

Smart Route for RV is free to download, but costs $20 to subscribe for 1 month, $52 for 1 year or $99 for 3 year subscription.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Sorry about that, that is the version I had. I've used it a couple of times and it didn't say anything about a subscription then. Don't know if I just got lucky or what. But now I'm getting the same thing. Hmmmm....

We did make the trip to Columbus, NC on Saturday. I just used my phone sitting in the cup holder. A couple of times we wanted to make a detour - find a Taco Bell for breakfast and then a Wal-Mart to get some cash for the toll roads and I had my son look those up on his phone and we followed it's directions for a bit until we were getting back on track.
          Jim
          2009 Jayco 32BHDS
          1999 Chevrolet 1500 ECSB 4x4

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

Comment

Working...
          X