I've seen that done .... I'm sure the technology will improve in that area
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I’ve tried texting in that fashion but found I to correct so much it took more time. Is there a secret to doing it. I know to speak clearly and you have to tell it period. Maybe I should try it some more.
      David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
      2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
      Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
      5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
      Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
      Externabond Roof Seams
      Wet Bolt Kit
      7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
      GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
      Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

Comment

Well since we are having a geezer-fest, I don't much care for a GPS. I have one on the trike (Garmin) and you have to pull over and type for a half hour to enter a destination. Once underway it is OK. I have a TOM TOM for the truck or my wife's car and it truly is an instrument of the devil. We were coming back from Colorado to our place in Medina County and the stupid thing kept wanting to take us a zillion miles off course.

I have used Waze and it is OK for the big city I guess but when I want to navigate, I use google maps. Just type in the destination and hit go and it starts giving directions (voice) immediately and is more simple than Waze. I am pretty simple so simple works for me. I haven't used a GPS since I figured out google maps works easier and better.
        wiredgeorge Mico TX
        2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

Will try Google maps next time I need directions. Sounds good to me if it’s easier then Wayz. Thanks
          David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
          2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
          Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
          5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
          Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
          Externabond Roof Seams
          Wet Bolt Kit
          7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
          GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
          Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

Comment

Originally posted by Bkins View Post
            I’ve tried texting in that fashion but found I to correct so much it took more time. Is there a secret to doing it. I know to speak clearly and you have to tell it period. Maybe I should try it some more.
            Mine doesn't like air conditioning or road noise or any other ambient noise. It also needs a good internet connection to work properly. And some days it just works better than others.
            Larry
            Holly
            Jessie
            Jamie Lyn
            2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 CC 4x4
            2007 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
              Well since we are having a geezer-fest, I don't much care for a GPS. I have one on the trike (Garmin) and you have to pull over and type for a half hour to enter a destination. Once underway it is OK. I have a TOM TOM for the truck or my wife's car and it truly is an instrument of the devil. We were coming back from Colorado to our place in Medina County and the stupid thing kept wanting to take us a zillion miles off course.

I have used Waze and it is OK for the big city I guess but when I want to navigate, I use google maps. Just type in the destination and hit go and it starts giving directions (voice) immediately and is more simple than Waze. I am pretty simple so simple works for me. I haven't used a GPS since I figured out google maps works easier and better.
              I use Google Maps also. My lifetime free update GPS hasn't seen daylight in several years. My truck and Millies car won't see updates either as long as Google Maps is free.
              Clif and Millie
              Mabank, TX (sorta)
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
              X