better campground wifi in the trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better campground wifi in the trailer

When camping, many of the campgrounds we stay at offer wifi but it generally provides sketchy signals. On my office set up which is about 200 ft from the house, I run an extender at the house up in the window of my home office and have a USB wifi antenna on the outside of my shop office (metal building) with a USB connection coming in and connecting to my computer directly. I had a Card-King flat directional antenna that worked decently but my computer was zapped and i lost everything so bought a new computer (factory refurb) and found that the driver file was no where to be found and since it was really old, I couldn't find it online either. Bought a new antenna:

Used Alfa Tube-U(N) Outdoor Wi-Fi USB booster + 8 dBi antenna Marine Boating

I know this is an omni directional antenna but it really works great for my application. I got to thinking it would be nice to strap another to the ladder on my camper and pull in campground wifi. Problem is, would like to be able to use wifi for not only old laptop in the camper but phones and our wifi adapter on our DishTV set up. Can anyone tell me how to INEXPENSIVELY (CHEAP) way to do this? Some sort of USB router or repeater that would allow all the wifi devices to connect to an amplified campground FREE wifi? I already have a couple regular routers not used but they connect wireless to some sort of modem or by cable from the modem (I think ethernet).
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
    2002 Cougar 278 EFS

an area where I do have some interest but next to none (or even less) ideal how to go about it .... looking forward to reading the responses
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Follow on the Keystone forum where I asked this question. Like all forums, some hints are OK and others are not really on point:

wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Working...
      X