Waze - App

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waze - App

Don't know if anyone uses this but the Rhode Island Parents at my grandsons West Virginia tournament were raving about it. Many has used it to generate a detour because of accidents, were warned of police, locations etc.
    I'm still trying to understand it but I will say a smart phone is now in my future after using my daughter's to route us back and forth from Huntington/Charleston West Virginia.

https://www.waze.com/
    Westwind
    Rhode Island
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
    2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
    Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
    2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
    2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
    Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
    sigpic

My SIL showed it to us last week. At least it wasn't one of your grands!
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
    16K DrawTite, LineX
    His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
    Elle and BJ

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Grands

None drive yet, but I'm not ashamed to admit that my daughter and grandson were determined to educate me on "Why I need a smartphone". The two features I like was the GPS and Facetime. We had fun calling my wife who stayed with the other 3 while my son in law was at work and talking and seeing all of them while traveling.
      Westwind
      Rhode Island
      sigpic

Comment

Have used Waze for over 1 year now and like it. Besides warning of police, it is good for warning of traffic issues.(wrecks, construction, back ups, etc.) One thing I like is it warns of objects in road or beside. At night it has helped me know of shredded tires that I would probably have hit but knew to be on the look out for.
        2012 F-350 King Ranch DRW
        2014 Landmark Savannah

Comment

Google maps uses Waze info for routing and to show accidents and slow downs.

Get a Smartphone. Android or iPhone. It provides better routing the old GPS units.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Russell
          '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
          '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
          Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
          '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

I have it and am going to use it on my next trip. How is the info received? My concern is if it is by other users, it will end up like GasBuddy and not have much info just when I need it. The stations are listed but no one updates the prices.
            2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
            06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
            16K DrawTite, LineX
            His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
            Elle and BJ

In the past:
            97 27RKFS SB
            04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
              I have it and am going to use it on my next trip. How is the info received? My concern is if it is by other users, it will end up like GasBuddy and not have much info just when I need it. The stations are listed but no one updates the prices.
              I guess when you see a cop on the lookout for speeders you are supposed to take your eyes off the road and start fiddling with your dumb phone.
              Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
              2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
              2013 3500 Silverado, long bed dually [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
                Yes, it is by other users. It gives you a warning of the problem ahead and then counts down until the position it was put in at. It will then ask you to confirm if the problem still exists there or it doesn't. I have found that the problem, lets say a piece of a tire, will be a little ahead of the marking as it is hard to put in exact position when you first see it.
                2012 F-350 King Ranch DRW
                2014 Landmark Savannah

Comment

Lots and lots of tracking data about you stored on 'Waze' servers. Are they secure?? (Rhetorical question - I know my answer, but to each his own...)
                  2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
                  2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment

Input

In my daughter's age bracket (40) both husband and wife use Iphones so one is driving the other is inputting, as the kids get older they input while the adult is driving at least that is what was happening Sunday night as we headed for Rhode Island from West Virginia. There were 4 vehicles in a row and that made it work real well.
                    Westwind
                    Rhode Island
                    sigpic

Comment

I've used the Waze app for a couple years now on my way to and from work. I don't use it every day, but frequently. It works OK, like some others I like the alert features and try to be a good steward and share the info that I see on the road. I've notice it have a few problems on longer trips - especially if you happen to lose cell phone signal for a bit, it has trouble reconnecting. I've not had such an issue with the normal maps program - as long as I have GPS it will continue to show my position and such. When we went to Louisville in November I got so frustrated with it, I gave up and went back to the normal maps program - which also using the Waze info will change your route dynamically. Yesterday I towed my utility trailer to Fombell, PA (about 260 miles each way) and I didn't even bother with Waze, I just used the normal map.
                      Jim
                      2009 Jayco 32BHDS
                      1999 Chevrolet 1500 ECSB 4x4

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

Comment

Working...
                      X