King Tailgater Dish 4500Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow

Now that's a switch, lower the cost of a bill???
    Westwind
    Rhode Island
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
    2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
    Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
    2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
    2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
    Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
    sigpic

Comment

Tailgater Update

We've been using the Tailgater for several months now and I have to say I'm sorry I made the switch. It has been a colossal pain in the keister. I can no longer use the coax hard wired in our rv, the signal loss is too great. With a dish I could daisy cable coax to get the dish away from trees. With the Tailgater again the signal loss prohibits extra coax. Then the setup!@#$. I usually have to call Dish more than once to get local channels, and each time it takes 20 minutes or so to acquire a signal and do its download. Example, we are 40 miles north of Detroit. Called Dish before leaving cincinnati and gave them the new zip code for here. Did it work when we got here? NO, it was still set up for Cincinnati locals. it took 2 more calls and hours of fiddling rebooting the blasted thing to get Detroit locals, then the damn guide wouldn't update until it sat overnight.

We are using the King Jack OTA antenna a lot now when the Tailgater fails and I must say it is a great antenna. I seldom need to aim it, no raising and lowering, just works.

don
      Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
      2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
      Previously:
      2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bobbidonb View Post
        We've been using the Tailgater for several months now and I have to say I'm sorry I made the switch. It has been a colossal pain in the keister. I can no longer use the coax hard wired in our rv, the signal loss is too great. With a dish I could daisy cable coax to get the dish away from trees. With the Tailgater again the signal loss prohibits extra coax. Then the setup!@#$. I usually have to call Dish more than once to get local channels, and each time it takes 20 minutes or so to acquire a signal and do its download. Example, we are 40 miles north of Detroit. Called Dish before leaving cincinnati and gave them the new zip code for here. Did it work when we got here? NO, it was still set up for Cincinnati locals. it took 2 more calls and hours of fiddling rebooting the blasted thing to get Detroit locals, then the damn guide wouldn't update until it sat overnight.

We are using the King Jack OTA antenna a lot now when the Tailgater fails and I must say it is a great antenna. I seldom need to aim it, no raising and lowering, just works.

don

I know there are many, many people who have received excellent service from DISH .... when it came to service from their reps and, at times, receiving a good signal, we were not among them .... our DISH service was OK when traveling in the south but the further north we traveled, the harder it was to lock onto their signal .... none of those problems with Direct .... not to say Direct is perfect, it has only recently gotten to where one could receive HD signals .... for us, that isn't a problem, we've never had HD service at home or in our camper ....
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Funny, I have had no issues with signal loss with either my first Tailgater or my current King Tailgater. I have a 50' cable and occasionally use a 100'. Support from Dish has always been prompt. I did have them mark my account number as advanced user so I get automatically routed immediately to a higher level tech.

I have no complaints or regrets.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Russell
          '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
          '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
          Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
          '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

I have used Dish Network with my RV for over 13 years. I have traveled north and had no issues acquiring a signal with a manual or Tailgater automatic dish.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
            Russell
            '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
            '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Comment

Good Intentions

Our Dish subscription didn't expire until early may so I thought that when we got home early April I would be able to work on the cable lines in the FW and see why I wasn't able to connect to the utility center connections and have everything work. Especially with all the suggestions and wiring diagram I got off of the Heartland Owners forum.
              But instead the home improvement Geru decided that we needed to replace flooring in about 700 plus square feet of the first floor which kept me busy until the service was terminated at my request. The only complaint I have with Dish is that their staff doesn't understand the Tailgator Carry Out program and I had to ask for a supervisor.
              Service in New England I can't comment on since we didn't use it. But I'm sure one of these days.
              Westwind
              Rhode Island
              sigpic

Comment

finally got a look at 4500Q Tailgator .... its certainly a nice looking portable dish
                Jim
                '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

We are using ours for the second season, to make my life simple I direct wire it through the gaskets on our street slide where the TV cabinet is located. I tried to resolve mystery of why our satellite connections don't function but it's extremely difficult to locate the identify the cables from the exterior connections to the outlets behind the TV. Our 2012 (Built in 2011) was at the introduction of Satellite wiring as a standard and the wiring and connectors were made for basic antenna connections and totally inadequate.
                  My direct connection method was recommended by Dish and is sooo quick and easy I've decided to continue using it and devote my time to enjoyable tasks.
                  The Dish Tailgator and the box we purchased with it are performing well, their portable subscription service by the month works perfect for us, we have our cable service at home suspended so the $$ directed towards it go towards the Dish subscription that we start up when we get to Florida, on the 1st of May when we get home I will terminate our Dish subscription and that will be the end of the charges.
                  I made a wooden box to position ours on, this year I brought some 2x4 sections to position under the box to raise it off the ground, when we leave I just throw the box in the bed of the truck. Works well and keeps it off the ground. Since I always have lots of scrap wood at home the cost was free except for the metal handle on it that I use to pick it up.
                  Westwind
                  Rhode Island
                  sigpic

Comment

I put my King Tailgater on the ground, no stand.
                    Russell
                    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
                    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Comment

Here it's thick Bermuda grass, with lots of insects, red ants, etc. I have a cone that I set my water filter in and two years ago when we started to prep for our home trip the cone was filled with sand by the ants so putting anything on the ground for a 3-4 month period can produce some very strange results. The stand shown previously would be the best set up by we get some strong winds and I thought it might tip the dish over unless it was tied down. So far this has worked out well.
                      The campground owners do treat all of the campground for red ants and I haven't seen any signs of those but brown ants and other insects are here in large numbers. I spray around the trailer and walkways to keep anything from attempting to enter the trailer.
                      Westwind
                      Rhode Island
                      sigpic

Comment

I was cabling up our Tailgater to the park cable jack on our new coach to see if I could get it to work when we setup in trees and the roof sat dome won't receive a signal, had it sitting on a ladder, and a BIG gust of wind blew the ladder over. Tailgater fell about 6' onto a hard shell drive. I swore loudly, picked it up and shook it, it didn't rattle, plugged it back in and it still works! It can't find sat 129 but I'm sure sitting on the ground the house is in the way.
                        Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
                        2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
                        Previously:
                        2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
                        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Better the TG and not you over the side....
                          '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                          '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                          '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                          First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                          Livin to go campin
                          In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Working...
                          X