No announcement yet.

satellite tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missus had her phone on speaker and what was worst was hearing over and over "this is your thing" or "this is our thing". What an annoying thing to keep saying. My wife did the cancel as I lack any semblance of the patience she has!
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

Long term follow up... first Wally was DOA when we took it camping a few weeks ago. Called on a Friday afternoon and a new one was waiting for us on Monday at home. Been figuring things out since. The remote works on voice command if you are networked. I bought a Netgear wifi adapter and it MUST be one that works with dish. I already had a BUNCH of wifi adapters and none worked. You can buy one on eBay for about $20. I bought a Western Digital external hard drive; 2 TB. I recorded some movies before we went camping this weekend. Works just like a home DVR. Had to pay an initialization fee of $40 to Dish to use it. I am glad I bought a 75' RG-6 cable as the supplied 25' cable isn't long enough to position the Playmaker antenna if it needs to be moved to get a clear view of the southern sky. The camp ground we are staying in has huge shade trees and it took me a bit to get a view through the trees. Since the Wally had to be reset, it took awhile to get things set up... over a half hour but it was because I had to move the antenna twice before finding a sweet spot. We have all the channels we have at home and this is nice as there are only a couple OTA channels available in this part of Texas. The park we are staying at is kind of great so may write up something with some pics later!
      wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

looking forward to your continued reports and info on the campground
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...