Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fivercamper
    replied
    We have the Dish Tailgater and the receiver that was sold with it at the time. It has worked well for us though Dish customer service leaves something to be desired as far as knowledge of the company's plans go, particularly Pay As You Go. Sometimes difficult to find a rep that knows anything about it and they try to get you into a contract; or when you want to discontinue, they try to charge you for standby or some other unnecessary charge. What you pay per month is the full monthly charge which last time I checked was around $65. Last time we used it, I was able to turn it off leaving a partial month. Next time I want to use it, I have to pay a new monthly charge less the amount of my remaining credit. Not really a bad deal. I have heard that recently Dish will only allow a minimum of one month though I haven't used them in over a year so I can't confirm.
    Most importantly, if you deal with them either by phone or on-line, be specific about what you want and if they don't seem to understand, disconnect and call again until you find someone familiar with the program. I even have a written script I use to make sure my request is clear to whomever I'm communicating with.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    we have used Direct TV (both at home and in our camper) since '02 .... so long as they leave the plan we have alone, we will probably stick with them .... hadn't heard that they plan to drop SD service after 2019 .... if/when they do we will have a decision to make

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    started a topic satellite tv

satellite tv

We have DirecTv at the house. Been a customer for years and have been getting increasingly tired of the way it works since AT&T bought them out. Since we are still under a current contract, will stay with them until the contract is up. The reason I am sick of DTV is that they keep monkeying around with menus that actually lose functionality and you can't see recordings made on one of the genie receivers on the main receiver... etc etc etc. Anyway, thinking about a satellite TV system for the RV and thinking about dish.

As I was doing some research, found that DirecTV was SD only and they were dropping SD service after 2019. There is a lot of question marks as to what folks will do that have DirecTV dishes on their RVs. Dish is now HD as I understand things. So I am looking at a Dish Playmaker receiver which you can move to a clear view of the southern sky and does HD receiption. I know there is a limited number of receivers that work with the thing and that Dish has a Pay As You Go service but I can't figure out what that means or the terms.... sounds like it would be best as we only camp one or two weekends a month. Does anyone use this service and can comment? How about the Playmaker dish? I would NOT want to mount it on my roof as you can't tell if you can get a slot with a view of the south, etc. and would prefer to set the dish somewhere outside the trailer with a southern view and run the coax through a window. I also don't want to get one of those tripod dishes where you have to search around for a signal; automatic sounds good to me for $250 from Amazon.

Help me out here! Thanks! wg
Working...
X