CBS gone from Dish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS gone from Dish

Every year or so, Tegna, the company that owns the CBS stuff on Dish TV and Dish start squabbling about the fee Dish must pay. This year, they couldn't reach and agreement and CBS is gone. This means NFL games, Madam Secretary, Hawaii Five O, Bluebloods, etc. won't be back until they get this sorted out. Dish has a spot on where the channel was begging customers to call Tegna and complain to try and pressure them into making a deal that Dish can live with. I will be going up to the RV to watch the shows we like via OTA until this is sorted. I really don't want to buy an OTA DVR but it might come to that if this holding the customers hostage situation becomes more frequent (as threatened by Dish in their spot on the local CBS channel space).
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    Every year or so, Tegna, the company that owns the CBS stuff on Dish TV and Dish start squabbling about the fee Dish must pay. This year, they couldn't reach and agreement and CBS is gone. This means NFL games, Madam Secretary, Hawaii Five O, Bluebloods, etc. won't be back until they get this sorted out. Dish has a spot on where the channel was begging customers to call Tegna and complain to try and pressure them into making a deal that Dish can live with. I will be going up to the RV to watch the shows we like via OTA until this is sorted. I really don't want to buy an OTA DVR but it might come to that if this holding the customers hostage situation becomes more frequent (as threatened by Dish in their spot on the local CBS channel space).
    Wow, Did this just take effect today
    2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN Rear Air 4:10's
    2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System, disc brakes
    AIRSAFE?„? Air Hitch
    Blog: bolltimers.com

Comment

Just noticed it this morning--Alabama/Georgia is the hostage game....
      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
      Livin to go campin
      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

If you have Dish set up for your trailer, after some research, you can buy an OTA adapter that will allow you to watch/record (2 tuners) OTA shows through the Dish receiver. The only issue was that if you have a powered amp (as all RVs do), I think the adapter will heat up based on Amazon.com feedback. Almost 20 percent of feedback indicated the adapter got too hot to touch and many failed. Other folks claimed no such problem but they seemed to have OTA antennas that are home based and likely didn't have voltage coming down on the antenna run and plugging into the adapter. A DC block is about $10 and the Dish OTA adapter is about $70. Since this seems to be a common cycle, might have to get my trailer set up with even more junk; as it is, will have to go up and just watch stuff on CBS live for the time being. The TX / Okie game just came on so I am out for about three hours. If the worst happens and I never come back, check the blotch in my driveway as I jumped off the roof! HOOK 'EM HORNS!
        wiredgeorge Mico TX
        1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

over the years Direct has had the same issues .... they'll get it worked out because the bottom line is both outfits are losing money .... one will blink and service will be restored .... as to the Horns, not so good.... they ran into an OK team that was hitting on all cylinders
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

It was fixed before the big game--imagine that...but Alabama still is #1
            '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
            '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
            '10 F450 4x4--new to me
            First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
            Livin to go campin
            In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
              over the years Direct has had the same issues .... they'll get it worked out because the bottom line is both outfits are losing money .... one will blink and service will be restored .... as to the Horns, not so good.... they ran into an OK team that was hitting on all cylinders
              Actually they penalized themselves out of the game. That and turnovers.... They scored 2 TD's before OK got untracked.
              Clif and Millie
              Mabank, TX (sorta)
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

They do that every year or so here with Direct. I'm not getting involved in their conflict cause it will just jack my price up. I just switch over to my ota antenna.
                2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                16K DrawTite, LineX
                His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                Elle and BJ

In the past:
                97 27RKFS SB
                04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X