No announcement yet.

sound bar help/advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know such cables existed. I was really leery about a bluetooth fm transmitter but likely would have bought those cables had I known. I have already processed the Amazon return and boxed the RCA jack equipped soundbar and will get it to a UPS store this morning.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

looking forward to hearing your impressions after you install it
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Took the missus to Jim's for breakfast and then dropped off the Vivitar soundbar at the UPS store for return to Amazon. Received my refund immediately after it was scanned in by the UPS store. Then went to Best Buy and bought an Insignia Model:NS-HSB318 soundbar as below:
        https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...?skuId=5809303

Took about 5 minutes to install. They supply a template to install two screws, plug in the AC adapter and connect a digital audio connector (not supplied) from TV to soundbar. The soundbar offers three modes for sound reproduction: std, movie and news. Standard and news modes sound about like the TV speaker sound but the movie mode is far enhanced and sounds like surround sound. There is also a bass on/off function. I left the bass on and didn't hear a lot of difference. The sound is fantastic now and it can go loud enough to overcome a Dometic Breeze II Quick Cool noise blanket. Our A/C is right there on top of us when watching TV and quick cool (shutting ducted registers) sounds like a jet engine.

Okay... a couple nitpicks... the way you tell if the thing is in the correct input mode (there are three) and if it is on and the bass feature is actuated are via idiot lights on top. You can't see them with the soundbar mounted over the TV. There are manual buttons on the unit on the end in the event you don't want to use the supplied remote. The buttons will require a flashlight to see, small and obscure. The remote isn't very powerful and you need to be on top the soundbar or at least within 5 feet for it to work. These things won't hurt our enjoyment of the sound but could use improvement. As far as the idiot lights, I have seen reviews of other soundbars complaining about the lights where you could see them if in a darkened room. My missus wants to buy another soundbar for our TV in the living room to give it the same theatre type sound now that she heard this one.

If you get a soundbar, READ YOUR TV OWNER'S MANUAL to figure out what type OUTPUTS you have; My new Element didn't have RCA OUT and that is why I returned the first one I bought.

wiredgeorge Mico TX

Comment

good to hear you have found one that will work for you guys
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I had the same complaint about the indicator lights on mine. I just installed it upside down and reverse the left and right cables. Now I can see the lights from a standing position.
            2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
            06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
            16K DrawTite, LineX
            His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
            Elle and BJ

In the past:
            97 27RKFS SB
            04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

I may give that a shot. Nothing needs done expect pull the soundbar from the screws and flip it over.
              update: Turned the soundbar over so I can now see the idiot lights. I did elongate the key slots so the soundbar would go into the slots and be secured firmly. Just used a drill bit and removed a bit of plastic. Thanks for the suggestion!
              Last edited by wiredgeorge; 12-16-2018, 05:13 AM.
              wiredgeorge Mico TX

Comment

Working...
              X