KING VQ4800 Quest Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KING VQ4800 Quest Pro

we recently saw the King Quest Pro satellite antenna shown below .... this is the first time I've seen one with a clear cover that allows you to see the dish .... as can be seen in the link, it appears to be highly rated .... anyone have any experience with this antenna ..?
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Appears to be similar in function to the Tailgator I bought except has twin outlets for two TVs. Also appears to be DirecTV/ SD only? At $500 it doesn't seem like a bargain.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

agree .... our portable is an old VuQube with a single outlet and is SD only .... a, so far as I know, unconfirmed rumor has been going around that Direct plans to drop its SD service later this year .... October has been mentioned .... if that's the case, these receivers will be worthless .... I guess time will tell
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

This has been discussed ad nauseum on many forums. Here is one thread on the AT&T/DTV forum:
        https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-In...g/td-p/5510573

The Winegard Travller appears to be the only DirecTV / HD option as far as I know. Starting at about $1600 and the worst part is it is roof mounted meaning if you park under trees, it won't see clear southern sky and no signal. We had DirecTV for almost 20 years and when we got serious about camping and satellite TV, went to Dish. MUCH cheaper, better tech and customer support and an automatic dish and receiver are just over $400. It costs us $7 a month for the same programming as in the house. I think Dish is a superior product at this time. AT&T is kind of a pain to deal with these days and DirecTV sort of inherited this culture of poor customer support. Anyway, I don't sell sat equipment, by the way bwhahaha.

Forgot to mention that you can pick up a tripod mount dish you have to point yourself for HDTV via DirecTV:

https://www.satpro.tv/Directv-SWM-SL...yABEgL_yfD_BwE

Last edited by wiredgeorge; 02-08-2019, 10:44 PM.
        wiredgeorge Mico TX
        2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

years ago we used DISH and had a bad experience with their equipment service .... switched to Direct and have been with them every since .... if the drop SD service we will have to reevaluate and see if we want to stay with them or not
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I have Directv for the RV. I have an extra box (daughter moved out) and it stays there. I have a heavy duty surveyors tripod and all the normal stuff. I have discovered to setup the tripod and get it level then mount the dish. I have an app on the phone for pointing the dish and I'm done. Last trip I nailed it first time, over 90%. Couldn't believe it. The App is Satellite Finder and works great. Another app is TV Towers. I finds you and shows where all the tv stations are located. It then shows a compass that you align with your antenna and rotate it until till it tells you to stop. Pretty slick also.
            Last edited by avvidclif; 02-09-2019, 12:47 AM.
            Clif and Millie
            Mabank, TX (sorta)
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
            2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
            2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
            X