Sling Tv or You Tube Tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sling Tv or You Tube Tv

I’m wondering if any of our members have gone this route for their TV? We are limited in what we can get at our house in the country. We can get Dish or Direct most likely but I really don’t want another contracted service. Sling will give us all the channels we used to watch when we had Verizon Fios and something like 300 channels.

Anybody here have have any experience with either of these?
    David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
    2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
    Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
    5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
    Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
    Externabond Roof Seams
    Wet Bolt Kit
    7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
    GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
    Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

we use Direct at home .... when on the road we take a receiver with us .... we have a roof mounted dish on our camper and a portable VuQube for times when the roof antenna can't lock onto a channel .... that's worked for us for along time
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

TV watching choices are growing. We considered one of those streaming services but I really am a San Antonio Spurs fan and that would require the NBA service on top of the streaming service and it got so complicated my head started to spin. Problem is about 3/4 of the games come up on the NBA service but the rest are on local channels so you would have to have an OTA antenna and you can only record one show with the streaming app and not be able to watch another and this would not work well as I generally record and watch the next day. My wife would not like me watching live. We have Dish at home even though it is expensive and a Playmaker w/Wally in our camper for $7 more a month. I have OTA TV in my shop office and our laundry room in the event my wife wants to watch while doing laundry.
      wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic
      2014 Crossroads RV Sunset Trail Reserve 30MK

Comment

Thanks. I wasn’t aware about the part of recording shows. Both of the services I mentioned come with DVR storage. Sling you only get 50 hours and Ytube comes with unlimited. I’ll have to try digging into the rules to see what each says about recording and watching at the same time. Kinda useless if that is how it works. I believe I saw on one of the free services, maybe it was the Roku channel, that they had a lineup of different sports but I don’t know if it is a paid deal and then you have to consider if your going to be blocked because of where you live.

It doesn't take long before your up to the costs of a full service, such as Dish, with using something like Roku. You have to have the WiFi to make any of them work.

We have a OTA antenna which we are presently using. It works pretty good but sometimes the pixelazation just will not abate.
        David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
        2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
        Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
        5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
        Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
        Externabond Roof Seams
        Wet Bolt Kit
        7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
        GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
        Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

Comment

One of the best features with Dish is that Netflix and Youtube are both integrated as channels. We have had a Netflix account for a long time and streaming movies is seamless. I watch Youtube very occasionally if Chaco, the Macho Chihuahua has a new video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5LnAj71gUU
          wiredgeorge Mico TX
          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic
          2014 Crossroads RV Sunset Trail Reserve 30MK

Comment

Working...
          X