ToughTop Awnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToughTop Awnings

Does anyone have any experience with Tough Top Awnings?

http://www.toughtopawnings.com/

They advertise a "better than OEM" replacement material for slide out awnings and based on the reviews, folks seem pretty happy with them.
    They offer two materials - a 15oz laminate (best for wind and rain) and an 18oz coated (best for snow).

I'm looking to use them to replace the fabric on our main living room slide.

Wondering if anyone has any personal experience...
    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
    sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

never heard of them and am looking forward to hearing from anyone who has
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Does anyone have any experience with Tough Top Awnings?

http://www.toughtopawnings.com/

They advertise a "better than OEM" replacement material for slide out awnings and based on the reviews, folks seem pretty happy with them.
      They offer two materials - a 15oz laminate (best for wind and rain) and an 18oz coated (best for snow).

I'm looking to use them to replace the fabric on our main living room slide.

Wondering if anyone has any personal experience...
      I ordered replacement slide awnings from Tough Top in August, 2015. Delivery was prompt as I remember, and I was able to remove the old and install the new with only a little help of a nephew. I don't remember having a choice of "wind resistant" vs "snow resistant" but probably would have chosen the wind one since I do not subscribe to camping in the snow.

Here in North Dakota, we have consistent high winds and we had the camper parked at a lake lot the entire summer last year and there is no visible issues with any of these awnings. I did apply edge reinforcement, a clear scotch tape type product that seems to hold it together even in the highest wind.

The price I paid was just over $400 for the three awnings, with 2 larger ones over the kitchen and dining room slides and a much smaller one over the bedroom slide. I just checked them last week after we had several days of consistent winds of 25 to 35 MPH. They still look like they did when I put them on.

Hope this helps. Marv
      sigpic
      Marv and Mary
      '06 SB 32BWKS
      2014 Silverado, 3500 HD Duramax/Allison, Long Bed, 4X4

Comment

That's a fantastic review Marv!! THANK YOU!!
        My understanding is, the 15oz material is their "original" material (IE- what you have). The 18oz was added at the request of some customers that were doing alot of winter camping. (Dunno... I guess that's a thing....)

I don't want to put words in your mouth... but that reads to me as a resounding endorsement.

I placed my order tonight. As long as all goes well with my main slide, I suspect I'll do the same with my other three in the near future.
        Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
        2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
        sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
        Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

I would say that I am happy with them. The awnings that came with our SunnyBrook lasted 8 years before I felt a need to change them. I am looking for these replacements to last at least as long as the originals.
          sigpic
          Marv and Mary
          '06 SB 32BWKS
          2014 Silverado, 3500 HD Duramax/Allison, Long Bed, 4X4

Comment

Working...
          X