San Antonio RV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio RV Show

After church on Sunday we headed into San Antonio TX to the Freeman Exhibition Hall where the San Antonio RV show was going on. I like to look and my missus is patient but she got into the swing of things with fantasies of full timing in one of those $100K plus 5vers. I would be kind of scared of all the gee gaws some of those top of the line models have as they are too complicated for a shade tree RV monkey like me. We would also have to pick up some acreage and put the utilities in place and by the time we are done would have $200K in the move. Anyway, I saw models I had never heard of which isn't surprising as I hang out on a Keystone owner's forum where folks considering full timing ask if a Cougar would work.

In any case, my wife was taken by REDWOOD 5vers. She really liked the looks and amenities such as a 2nd guest bath (guess where I would be run off to?). I liked the Van Leigh line as I thought their quality was above the Redwood but then so was the price. In the past the missus had been in favor of a front living area but she really like the mid-kitchen Redwood. Anyway, since I can't afford it, it was a nice way to kill an afternoon and get a nice Mexican supper at Taco Cabana! Oh yeah, I got the feeling that SPECIAL RV SHOW PRICES were not all that special. Most were only discounted 25 percent under MSRP.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
    2002 Cougar 278 EFS

RV shows have always cost me money ,,,, even during the years I was paid to work the shows, I'd end up buying something .... haven 't been to one in several years now
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Was there on opening day--the new ones sure are pretty....gosh, the Tiffins I looked at had 2 fireplaces. It was nice to wander around and see where the mfgs have gone with the bling. We are looking at used Tiffin MHs as have a need for a restroom access without having to find a safe pullout area.
      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
      Livin to go campin
      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
        Was there on opening day--the new ones sure are pretty....gosh, the Tiffins I looked at had 2 fireplaces. It was nice to wander around and see where the mfgs have gone with the bling. We are looking at used Tiffin MHs as have a need for a restroom access without having to find a safe pullout area.
        We bought last year a 2012 Allegro Bus 40QBP which has a bath and 1/2. 1/2 bath, kitchen and refrigerator are all accessible with all slides in. Nice to travel in.
        Ron Norton
        Katy, TX
        2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP
        2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Comment

Looking at a '16 Phaeton 40QBH Friday. Dealer has gotten real close to my trade-in needs. Wanting the main TV at one side in front, forcing us to look at newer units.
          '10 F450 4x4--new to me
          Livin to go campin

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
            RV shows have always cost me money ,,,, even during the years I was paid to work the shows, I'd end up buying something .... haven 't been to one in several years now
            Not sure how money could be spent as there were NO vendors only RV sales unless you buy a new RV when going to this show. Seems to me that companies that sell RV stuff or services would be at a place like this but they were not.
            wiredgeorge Mico TX
            2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
            2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

the ones up our way have a bunch of vendors .... the biggest single purchase I ever made was a set of Cutco Knives .... don't begrudge a penny but that involved a bunch of pennies
              Last edited by JEBar; 01-10-2020, 12:12 AM.
              Jim
              '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
              '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I don't recall a single vendor of the sort you mention. Kind of odd as there is a lot of traffic. Would have been a darn sight more interesting with some merchandise for sale. Now that I think about it, Camping World didn't seem to be there. Might have been but I don't recall them....
                wiredgeorge Mico TX
                2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

George, they were there. We missed them the first time around. If you were at the concession stand, you could have done a 180 and would have been looking at the entrance to the vendor section. Hitches/streaming/kitchenware/KOA/Passport America, others were in there. And, yes, you could spend some money....
                  '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                  Livin to go campin

Comment

Second time I have been to this show and never noticed the vendors. Don't recall seeing a concession stand either. Went to main building and searched out 5th wheels and bumper pulls then went to the smaller building (think it was #2 and looked at more of the same.
                    wiredgeorge Mico TX
                    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                    2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Working...
                    X