No announcement yet.

Daughter's Camper ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh how true that is but Maureen doesn't see it that way ..
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• My daughter recently sold my old red 2002 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1 ltr. It had 200K miles. I gave it to her 5 years ago. It was a great vehicle and we traveled throughout the US with Sunnybrook 29DBS in tow. Sad to see it go...
      Russell
      '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
      '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
      Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
      '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

• I remember your red sled and well understand being a bit sad to seeing it go .... it was one heck of a family tow vehicle that played a part in many memories for you guys
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• its said that the more things change, the more they stay the same .... as noted early in this thread, back in '01 our daughter bought her first vehicle, a really nice 2001 Tahoe which she kept until a few days go .... back in 2015 she bought her second vehicle, a Camaro .... while she really liked the Camaro, she realized that after 16 years of driving a Tahoe, she knew that it wasn't a vehicle she wanted to keep for a long time .... I must say that I thoroughly enjoy the times when she's in the market for a vehicle, we inevitably end up test driving a bunch of them .... this time the search lasted for 3 weekends .... the Camaro is history and whoever buys it will get an outstanding sports car .... in its place she now has a really nice 2017 Suburban .... this rig has bells and whistles that I didn't even know existed .... while it looks long, as can be seen below, it is the same length as our Silverado .... it really handles well, has a very smooth ride that is as quiet as any vehicle I've ever been in .... it has a towing package that includes a brake control .... its EPA'd on par with her Tahoe .... it really suits her and I wouldn't be surprised if it stays around for even longer
          Last edited by JEBar; 07-28-2017, 07:38 PM.
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Nice unit best of luck to her
            Frank and Janet Henn
            Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
            2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
            out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

• she is really happy with it and as with all of her vehicles, it will be babied
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• this afternoon we adjusted the stinger on our Daughter's Propride Hitch to fit her new Suburban .... she now has 3,000 miles on it and plans to tow her camper with it or the first time this weekend .... in the category of tools that I don't use often but when I do I'm plumb proud to have it, our Kobalt 8-Amp 1/2-in Corded Impact Wrench made short work of loosening and then torquing the 15/16ths nuts and bolts .... she's looking forward to seeing how it tows, my projection is that it will do really well
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• My son just bought a Suburban to haul his wife and 4 kids. Sharp looking in black. Looks like the FBI is coming!
                  2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                  06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                  16K DrawTite, LineX
                  His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                  Elle and BJ

In the past:
                  97 27RKFS SB
                  04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

• got out and took a few pictures this morning .... she will not be taking it out until Friday but the forecast for then ain't good .... so, we decided to hook it up yesterday .... her rig is not sitting on level ground and the tongue jack has been lowered to help support any weight
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Originally posted by norty View Post
                      My son just bought a Suburban to haul his wife and 4 kids. Sharp looking in black. Looks like the FBI is coming!
                      They look like a hearse....I guess that would be a great way to go, fine looking vehicle. However, outrageously priced.
                      Bert
                      2014 American Eagle
                      Freightliner Chassis
                      DD 500

Comment

Working...
                      X