Sunnybrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    great to see you back on the open forum again .... as this is being typed we are camped in our '06 Titan just north of Houston .... when we head back home on Monday of next week we will have been gone for 3 months .... wish I could say the "Roof and all appliances are original" .... the roof was redone a little over 2 years ago .... the only OEM appliance left is the stove and it has been upgraded .... the bedroom AC has been replaced twice and the one over the living area once .... we are on our 4th frig .... am unsure how many microwaves .... recliners and couch have been replaced .... kitchen chairs rebuilt .... TV and entertainment center have been replaced a couple of times .... all Nev-R-Lube brake drums and hubs have been replace as have all 4 leaf springs .... 3rd set of slide awnings .... in short, we keep replacing parts and she keeps bouncing down the road
    Jim, your post reminded me that we replaced the springs a few years ago. I still have the original never lubes. Did you put on new Nev-R-Lubes or go to regular bearing configurations? If so, did that require a new axle?

Like you and RBT, we are well into the winter at 85, so don't plan to replace. I fear it will be like the famous "Wonderful one hoss shay" Justice Holmes wrote about.
    2001 Mobile Scout 30RK
    2001 Ford F-250 PSD

Comment

we decided to replace ours because the surface the brake pads contacted were badly worn .... the Nev-R-Lubs seemed to be OK but with them being sealed you can't really tell .... we purchased 4 new replacement brake hubs with new Nev-R-Lubes already pressed into them from etrailer .... we kept the old hub that had the smoothest brake surface as a spare
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Everything is variable, but give me a guess. I have a 2019 Sunnybrook 33FKS that is a double axle unit. I had the brakes replaced in 2017 because I was doing a lot of city stop light traffic crossing Fort Wayne west to east to my storage location. Since then we have done little city traffic. Impossible question, but brakes are approaching $1,000. How often should I worry about getting new brakes? I don't seem to have any obvious signs but the RV seems to take a "little" longer to stop. Thoughts

Comment

On our 04 we both feel it’s been a very good trailer. We replaced the suspension system to MorRyde IS mainly because I wanted disc brakes to be able to stop when I wanted to not when the underperforming electric brakes allowed me to. Mission accomplished on that front. We had replaced the brake components a few times over the years, added the better bushings for the suspension. At the time of suspension replacement we had 3 broken spring packs. We tend to load heavy so I wanted heavier axles also and went with 8K.

2 years ago we had a lifetime roof put on so there is no more caulking up there for me.

The rest of the appliances and the AC are all still original and working as they should. We usually put on 3-5,000 miles a year and have no plans of getting out of it.

I’m hoping to be able to get the trailer compounded and then I would like to try ceramic coating to see how that performs on our gel coat.
          David & Bonnie (1 Female Cat)
          2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
          Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
          5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
          Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
          RV Armor Roof
          Mor/Ryde IS System with 8K Disc Brakes
          Goodyear RST G614

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
          GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
          Thanks to BC Jim for his generous helping hand

Comment

Our first fifth wheel was a 1997 SB Mobile Scout. we bought it used and in perfect condition inside and out. We kept it until 2018. Everything was the same and working fine. We had replaced a valve on the hot water tank(thanks to the awesome help from JE Bar and other members). We thought it would take a while to sell so we listed on line. It sold that day. My fear was the water lines. The drain lines at the back were brittle. Having replaced the ends, there was no line to get if they cracked again. We were not capable of a DIY on a major repair. We loved that camper for the 12 years we had it.
            The man who bought it lived with his sons homes around him and they were all handy at repairs. I’m sure they made some mods since we left everything original.
            And as all who owned SB know, it was solid.
            I love this forum and sneak around occasionally. Hope all of you stay healthy.
            sigpic

Comment

Jim, your post reminded me that we replaced the springs a few years ago. I still have the original never lubes. Did you put on new Nev-R-Lubes or go to regular bearing configurations? If so, did that require a new axle?

The NevRLubes are specific to the axle; new axles are needed if wanting to change over to standard bearings.
              '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
              '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
              '10 F450 4x4--new to me
              First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
              Livin to go campin
              In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

we bought new hubs from etralier that came with Nev-r-lubes pressed into them
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Joe, are you offering to sell the NevR Lubes? If so do you have the separate bearings or bearings in the brake drum. Either way they are both worth some decent dough. I’ve heard that the bearings alone are very hard to find. I’m not in the market for any but somebody named Jim, who likes to have bunches of spares might be interested. Hint hint.
                  RV Armor Roof
                  Goodyear RST G614

Comment

To clarify, no, don't have the bearings or DRV any longer. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
                    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                    Livin to go campin
                    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Can anyone tell me what window gasketing I need to replace a window gasket on 04 fifth wheel back side window? Where do I start. The gasket just suddenly pulled away from the top upper right which just happens to be under where the roof rail drains and the ac drains, depending. Can this be replaced and if so where do I get it? How do I figure the size?
                      RV Armor Roof
                      Goodyear RST G614

Comment

earlier today I replaced another OEM part of our '06 Titan .... that being the tank monitor panel .... the white portion seen below in the yellowed frame is what we replaced .... about all I can say is there is absolutely no way I'd attempt to wire one of these panels from scratch .... doing so is way above my ability level .... the instructions were written for a scratch wire so there were of no help .... bottom line there is a plug with several wires that I had to figure out .... after looking at it, there were to possible ways that made sense .... I got it to work following the second try ...
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

What went wrong with the panel.
                          RV Armor Roof
                          Goodyear RST G614

Comment

it was still working but the button for the black tank sensor was cracking and had gotten to where you had to search by pushing various spots to get it to work
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
                            X