No announcement yet.

Thoughs on Grand Design 5th wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today new campers with a few bugs to work out seem to be about the best one can expect .... I continue to hear from folks with Reflections that after working out a few initial issues, they are very happy with their campers .... in fact, camped with such a lady last weekend .... looking forward to hearing your assessments as you get more and more familiar with yours
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Congrats! Hope it serves you well. Would really be interested in reading your initial reviews... and even more so... experience as you get more use out it.
      Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
      2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
      Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

We went on a three night "shakedown" trip in the new Grand Design to a Scottish festival in central Texas this last weekend. No problems whatsoever. I sure enjoy pulling it a lot better than the bumper pull.

The only problem we have is that the massage feature on one of the "Tomas Paine" recliners quit working while we were driveway camping. Unfortunately it's the one I use and my back appreciates it!
        2010 Gulfstream Gulfbreeze 26QBS
        2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 4X4

Comment

good to hear .... please continue to make reports as y'all get more and more familiar with you new camper
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '16 Camaro RS

Comment

I heard that at this year's Grand Design national rally in Elkhart, IN, they had over 600 rigs in attendance. That includes all Grand Design makes and models, but still that is a bunch of rigs in one place.

Joe
            Joe and Debbie Gilbert
            On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
            Catch me if you can!!

Comment

Originally posted by kscaddo View Post
              We went on a three night "shakedown" trip in the new Grand Design to a Scottish festival in central Texas this last weekend. No problems whatsoever. I sure enjoy pulling it a lot better than the bumper pull.
              Made a comment on another thread about GD 5'ers... and it made me recall this conversation.

How has your unit held up?
              Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
              2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
              Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Made a comment on another thread about GD 5'ers... and it made me recall this conversation.

How has your unit held up?
                Really well Jeff. We are sure glad we made the purchase when we did (Fall 2019). Before the Chinese flu and all the supply chain interruptions. Also now there have been a couple price increases and dealers seemingly do not want to budge off MSRP. IIRC we got something like 30% off.

Comment

I was recently looking at the Grand Design imagine line and watching videos of construction. They do something different on the corners although I can't remember the detail. I think they use something different from butyl tape. I hate that look on the edge of corner and it also makes me worried about leaks constantly.
                  Larry
                  Holly
                  Jessie
                  Jamie Lyn
                  2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 CC 4x4
                  2007 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO

Comment

Originally posted by brainpause View Post
                    I was recently looking at the Grand Design imagine line and watching videos of construction. They do something different on the corners although I can't remember the detail. I think they use something different from butyl tape. I hate that look on the edge of corner and it also makes me worried about leaks constantly.
                    I've never had any leakage on my Reflection. YMMV

Comment

Working...
                    X