Rockwood and Artic Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockwood and Artic Wolf

Know anything about a 2016 Rockwood ultra lite 2650WS? Or a 2016 Forest River Artic Wolf 285DRL4?
    Added to my list of checking. I haven’t negotiated but have initial offers. My DH wants to be sure of quality. You’ve already responded about the cougar which has my most likes but I like all 3 floor plans. All three are are top shape, well cared for. The Rockwood is on consignment the other two were traded in.
    sigpic

Rockwood is a Forest River company .... its twin is Flagstaff .... both made in same plant, biggest difference is decals .... we sold Rockwoods for a long time .... its torsion bar suspension was a good feature .... all 6 sides were vacuum bonded .... most came with a good water filter .... we do have friends who full timed in a Rockwood 5er and are pleased with it .... I wouldn't trust the OEM tires, would replace them with one class heavier duty tire .... if we were in the market for a normal use camper, I'd consider them
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I think the floor plan of the Rockwood is a tad better than the AW but both lack counter space; not sure if that is a great consideration. Like the fact that the bathrooms are a separate room and not part of the bedroom.
      wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Had a Flagstaff V lite. Truly we disliked it from the first trip. WISH WE HAD KEPT 10 YEAR OLD JAYCO. Kept for 8 years rarely used because we didn't like it. Flimsy poor quality. Everything in it was a few inches too small every where including height of counter tops. We used it less than 3 times a year because it wasn't comfortable. If someone got out of bed you were bounced up on couch at other end of camper. Cheap flexible frame. If you used jacks to level doors wouldn't open and electric jacks broke into. Garbage tires and jacks, plastic faucets broke, chairs cheap and broke down quickly. Sway pulling even with PROPRIDE which helped but trailer wasn't right even with F250 6.7 and trailer 7000 lbs. Glad to get rid of. Beware!!! floor plans at winter rv shows are very deceptive with time constraints and other people looking you don't get real impression of how it is to live in!
        Greg

2014 Ford Super Duty Diesel Platinum Package Tuxedo black
        2014 Landmark Grand Canyon 39 ft.
        Andersen Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
          ... with time constraints and other people looking you don't get real impression of how it is to live in!
          Sage advice! NEVER get pressured into an RV sale. Not from a private seller or a dealer. If they don't want you doing a thorough inspection -- using a PTI checklist -- then (in my opinion) they're trying to hide something.

Walk away.

If it's a private seller... they are absolutely trying to hide something.
          If it's a dealer... and you're getting the poor service / pressured feeling when they are TRYING to get your money... think how they'll act (and how you'll feel) when you're trying get service AFTER they've got your money.

WALK AWAY.
          Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
          2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
          Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

I forgot to add be sure to look at tank sizes. Mine had 35 gal gray water tank. Would not last a weekend with two in the camper taking quick showers. About the smallest tanks I've ever seen. Would last maybe 2 and half days max then get out the blue trolley. Black water tank was also 35 gal.
            Greg

2014 Ford Super Duty Diesel Platinum Package Tuxedo black
            2014 Landmark Grand Canyon 39 ft.
            Andersen Hitch

Comment

Working...
            X