Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    https://www.rvinsider.com/Keystone-E...&brand=Everest

Usually RV reviews tend to the negative with folks who have an axe to grind chirping but the reviews of this line of Keystone campers is very positive.
    Wow, that’s amazing. Thank you for digging that up! That makes me feel 100% better that we made a good choice!
    None of the other campers we looked at had that “feeling” you get when you step foot into the “one”. We looked at a dozen or so at least. All different floor plans etc. we really wanted a bunk house but lately with Covid, people seem to be buying them up and they seem to be few and far between. We ALMOST settled for a rear living with a pull out couch for the kids..... so glad we didn’t.

What’s really neat is that the previous owner is doing a clean slate, so anything that’s remotely related to the camper is going with it. I get a pin box stabilizer, all the hoses etc, linens, pots, pans, utensils, a carry out satellite dish and a regular dish that sits on a tripod. The unit has a Cummins ONAN 4k generator....super psyched about that! A whole bunch of other cool things too.
    sigpic
    2007 Ford F350 6.0 CC SB
    Fully RE-bulletproofed 08-18-14/EGR/ARP Studs
    Reese 16k round tube slider hitch.
    2000 Damon Hornet 2850BH 5er :rvbbq:

Comment

Drop by the Keystone forum with any questions... folks are super savvy regarding fixes and repairs but shy away from asking about your truck's ability to pull anything or tires! Seems that inflames the gurus and you will regret it. I can't buy a fifth wheel longer than my current 27' as my parking pad is side hill and I might get by with 30' but right now the front of my fifth wheel is about 2 feet off the ground in the front. I have only a foot or two in the rear then my power lines go across the property to various out buildings. None of my property is level and this was the best spot for parking an RV; have water, sewer via macerator pump and 30A service. https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/index.php?
      Attached Files
      wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
        I have only a foot or two in the rear then my power lines go across the property to various out buildings.
        Whenever I go to Ohio to visit my brother... I camp in their driveway. He sits on 15 acres so space isn't an issue. However a power line that crosses above the driveway at the house is. When I back in, he stands on a half wall beside the driveway w/ a 2x2 that is notched on one end. He uses that to prop up the wire as I back under it to get back to the barn where my spot is.

Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
        2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
        Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

My property is mostly all rocks, brush, cedar and nothing much level. Our home is on pier & beam and the front is about 6' higher than the rear down the hill from where I took this picture. It is a VERY sharp turn to back into the spot where my RV is located. Someday, I may get another pad built somewhere else on the property but it will require a lot of fill and road base. Would love to have a pull through spot as my driving (backing up in particular) is less than stellar.
          wiredgeorge Mico TX
          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
          2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Working...
          X