Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    My property is mostly all rocks, brush, cedar and nothing much level. Our home is on pier & beam and the front is about 6' higher than the rear down the hill from where I took this picture. It is a VERY sharp turn to back into the spot where my RV is located. Someday, I may get another pad built somewhere else on the property but it will require a lot of fill and road base. Would love to have a pull through spot as my driving (backing up in particular) is less than stellar.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    I have only a foot or two in the rear then my power lines go across the property to various out buildings.
    Whenever I go to Ohio to visit my brother... I camp in their driveway. He sits on 15 acres so space isn't an issue. However a power line that crosses above the driveway at the house is. When I back in, he stands on a half wall beside the driveway w/ a 2x2 that is notched on one end. He uses that to prop up the wire as I back under it to get back to the barn where my spot is.

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    Drop by the Keystone forum with any questions... folks are super savvy regarding fixes and repairs but shy away from asking about your truck's ability to pull anything or tires! Seems that inflames the gurus and you will regret it. I can't buy a fifth wheel longer than my current 27' as my parking pad is side hill and I might get by with 30' but right now the front of my fifth wheel is about 2 feet off the ground in the front. I have only a foot or two in the rear then my power lines go across the property to various out buildings. None of my property is level and this was the best spot for parking an RV; have water, sewer via macerator pump and 30A service. https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/index.php?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 07PSDCREW
    replied
    Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    https://www.rvinsider.com/Keystone-E...&brand=Everest

Usually RV reviews tend to the negative with folks who have an axe to grind chirping but the reviews of this line of Keystone campers is very positive.
    Wow, that’s amazing. Thank you for digging that up! That makes me feel 100% better that we made a good choice!
    None of the other campers we looked at had that “feeling” you get when you step foot into the “one”. We looked at a dozen or so at least. All different floor plans etc. we really wanted a bunk house but lately with Covid, people seem to be buying them up and they seem to be few and far between. We ALMOST settled for a rear living with a pull out couch for the kids..... so glad we didn’t.

What’s really neat is that the previous owner is doing a clean slate, so anything that’s remotely related to the camper is going with it. I get a pin box stabilizer, all the hoses etc, linens, pots, pans, utensils, a carry out satellite dish and a regular dish that sits on a tripod. The unit has a Cummins ONAN 4k generator....super psyched about that! A whole bunch of other cool things too.

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    https://www.rvinsider.com/Keystone-E...&brand=Everest

Usually RV reviews tend to the negative with folks who have an axe to grind chirping but the reviews of this line of Keystone campers is very positive.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    congrats .... looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about it

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Congrats!! Sounds like you found a good one. Can't wait to see the pictures... and more importantly... see the stuff you do to make it your own.

Leave a comment:

• 07PSDCREW
    replied
    Hello all, thanks for all the suggestions! We fell in love with the Keystone Everest as soon as we set foot inside. Private sale, the unit went to Alaska and came back a year later and had been on a open seasonal site since. The lady’s husband passed and now it’s up for sale. Put a deposit on it, We go pick it up Friday! Can’t wait. Nothing wrong with it, no damage, everything works! The inside is pristine! I’ll make a post with some pix when I get it!

Leave a comment:

• frank henn
    replied
    Might check on facebooks market place, that is where I found our new to us motorhome.

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    Originally posted by 07PSDCREW View Post
    Well gang, we went to go look at a few campers this weekend. I was pretty disappointed when I walked into the open range and the smell was bad, musty/moldy. Immediately I felt the floor give as we stepped into the camper. We found other signs of neglect and water damage too. It’s crazy because every single used unit we looked at that was at a dealer had similar issues, and they’re asking all the money for them too. Still haven’t found “the one” yet.

Going to look at a Keystone Everest 340B Tomorrow. The pix look really nice but we all know how that goes.
    A lot of used camper dealers buy the campers they sell at wholesale auctions. At some point, a dealer that sells new campers and takes trade ins won't bother put older campers on their lot but wholesales them out. These are bought REAL CHEAP at these auctions and soft floors and stink would be a couple areas that might point in this direction. You might want to look at private sellers if looking for a used camper. As far as bashing any line of campers; most pulled campers brands fall under Thor or Forest River and there isn't two hoots of difference in quality. It is also common for a company to buy another camper company to jump into a new market space. This is what happened to Sunnybrook when they were purchased by Winnebago in 2010 (I think) and folks complained about a drop off in quality. Winnebago also bought Newmar (Class A stuff) and the same complaints about quality drop off were and are being heard. Winnebago also bought Grand Design. I do know that I had a Sunnybrook and the same basic camper is still being sold under the Winnebago flag today; not sure how quality stacks up.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by greg View Post
    The company had a pretty good reputation before Jayco acquired them in 2014 and then quality went steadily down hill.
    Once Jayco sold to Thor ... I completely agree.

Leave a comment:

• wingnut60
    replied
    Friends had an OR for 2 years, was basically falling apart when they traded it. One thing that sold it for the lady was the movable center counter, but she came to dislike it intensely after using it.

Leave a comment:

• 07PSDCREW
    replied
    Well gang, we went to go look at a few campers this weekend. I was pretty disappointed when I walked into the open range and the smell was bad, musty/moldy. Immediately I felt the floor give as we stepped into the camper. We found other signs of neglect and water damage too. It’s crazy because every single used unit we looked at that was at a dealer had similar issues, and they’re asking all the money for them too. Still haven’t found “the one” yet.

Going to look at a Keystone Everest 340B Tomorrow. The pix look really nice but we all know how that goes.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• greg
    replied
    Originally posted by 07PSDCREW View Post
    Hey all,
    so the time has come to replace our trusty Damon Hornet 285L. We’ve owned it for just shy of 9 years. It has held up well and I havent put any money into it other than some upgrades here and there. Everything works every spring when we open it up. Butttt, we’ve outgrown it.
    Looking at a 2009 Open Range 399BHS. It seems to be in Immaculate condition. I was just curious if anyone has any insight to the brand? Thanks to you all.
    Leon.
    I had sent you a PM that didn't go through and one that did, most likely user error. The company had a pretty good reputation before Jayco acquired them in 2014 and then quality went steadily down hill.
    Last edited by greg; 07-26-2020, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    for light/recreational use, they do reasonably well .... for heavy use or use very cold temps, not so much

Leave a comment:

Working...
X