Set of Rotochok wheel chocks - ML size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set of Rotochok wheel chocks - ML size

When cleaning the garage today... I realized I have a set of gently used Rotochok wheel chocks that I'd be willing to sell.

If you don't know, Rotochoks were often called the "Cadillac of wheel chocks". They had a phenomenal reputation for quality and ease of use. They went out of business in 2014... and in 2015 the remaining stock of chocks was sold out. Noone has picked them back up.

Video of how they are used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMc3LJKSC80

My set is the MEDIUM LARGE set which fits wheel spaced at 3.25"- 4" apart at their closest point.

This is a great chance to pick up one of the best accessories ever made.

MAKE AN OFFER + ACTUAL SHIPPING
    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
    sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

they most certainly are a good product as whoever gets them will find .... we have some Bal Deluxe Locking Chocks that I probably need to give to our daughter for use with her camper
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Nice find, they are a great product. With all the ways I see people 'chocking' their trailers nowadays, just wonder why they weren't more popular?
      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
      Livin to go campin
      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
        Nice find, they are a great product. With all the ways I see people 'chocking' their trailers nowadays, just wonder why they weren't more popular?
        Honestly, I believe it’s because they were never mass marketed. I’m sure there were valid profit based reasons... but in the end... I believe lack of exposure cost them.

Could be wrong... just a hunch.
        Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
        2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
        sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
        Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

I believe Jeff is right. I bought my set in 2004 directly from the folks that made them in Delaware. They were being made in one of his barn sections. I was given a tour of the place and he answered any question I posed to him. He was a DuPont chemist and as a result he held over 40 patents on his own and through DuPont. He and his wife were in their later 60’s at that time. I asked him why they had been so hard to find as they were not in stores and he said he was having a very difficult time getting good reps to take them on. He felt the cost had a lot to do with it. The materials were expensive. He had to buy the black plastic sheets by the container load and everything else was stainless steel. He and his wife were living in one of the better made trailers on the farm property while one of his sons was living in the farm house with his family. The owner had hopes his son would run the manufacturing process but it looks like he wasn’t interested.

I know now this is probably more info then was needed but I was fascinated by this gent and his knowledge. I’m guessing that rotors made today would have to sell in the $200 range and with the number of trailers coming out with self leveling jack systems that there may not be a big enough market for them.

One thing is for sure and that that is the Roto Choks are in a class of one at least in my opinion. We use ours every single time we go out as they are the first thing on and the last thing off. We have never had our trailer move while hooking up or unhooking.
          David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
          2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
          Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
          5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
          Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
          Externabond Roof Seams
          Wet Bolt Kit
          7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
          GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
          Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

Comment

Working...