WWII books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII books

Lately I have read a number of books about WWII. One, The Rabbit Girls, dealt with Dutch people being taken to concentration camps and never returning. It was disturbing to say the least. I am now reading The Dressmakers Gift about the French resistance. It too has parts that are disturbing but I think will have a better ending than the other book. I have another book on tap to read that my grand-daughter loaned me about English children that were sent to the country during the war. I know it won't be as disturbing. I keep reading these books because they are part of the history I have lived. I was born 5 months after Pearl Harbor and grew up listenng to what life was like during that time. Hopefully we have learned something and will never go through that again.
    Last edited by MGBar; 10-11-2019, 02:54 PM.

Yesterday I read a book my granddaughter loves: The War I Won about a young English girl during WWII. It is part of a 2 book series. She and I have read parts of both books together and then when she finishes them I read them. If you have a young granddaughter who loves to read these books are great. If you are a reader and share that with a grandchild, it is even more special.

Comment

:Last night I started a book that is the true story of a WWII draftee from Alabama. I have read enough of it yet to have a feel for the tone of it. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
      X