No announcement yet.

Oak Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the twist and turns in the search for the Oak Island treasure continue .... more fascinating high tech equipment in use .... Gary Draper still finding items that end up in asking questions than they do in answering them .... in recent shows, Roman work on the island has come to the surface ,,,, all in all an interesting season
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

They found a concrete wall below all the wooden junk in the area that they drained. That leaves me stumped. Series claimed the ancient Romans had the tech to pour underwater called hydro-something. The show keeps on rolling with no end in sight; hope they come up with something as my wife feels I am crazy for watching them find old pieces of wood and little scraps and such. The cross was the most compelling thing they have found but the recent finds of the possible Roman spear tip was kind of neat but treasure? Not sure that a treasure theory could be linked to the Romans... we shall see. The amount of money spent on chasing a treasure is pretty hefty but this article gives some insight on funding:

https://starcasm.net/marty-laginas-n...land-season-6/

If you recall, there was a spin-off also funded by Marty called "The Curse of Civil War Gold" and it is scheduled for a Season 2 airing summer of this year. Show has to do with some guys tracking down and searching for lost Confederate gold supposedly sunk in Lake Michigan... I watch this one as well.
      wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

I watched most of the Civil War Gold spinoff but really don't care if it comes back or not .... as noted, I can't help but marvel at the mega bucks they must be pouring into the show .... I tend to vacillate between doubting that folks hundreds of years ago could bury something that deep to believe that with what they are finding, something has to be down there .... the human bone fragments found last year have to considered .... based on comments from the brothers, they say they won't stop until they know .... I have no reason to doubt them
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
          They found a concrete wall below all the wooden junk in the area that they drained. That leaves me stumped. Series claimed the ancient Romans had the tech to pour underwater called hydro-something. The show keeps on rolling with no end in sight; hope they come up with something as The cross was the most compelling thing they have found but the recent finds of the possible Roman spear tip was kind of neat but treasure? Not sure that a treasure theory could be linked to the Romans... we shall see. The amount of money spent on chasing a treasure is pretty hefty but this article gives some insight on funding:

https://starcasm.net/marty-laginas-n...land-season-6/

If you recall, there was a spin-off also funded by Marty called "The Curse of Civil War Gold" and it is scheduled for a Season 2 airing summer of this year. Show has to do with some guys tracking down and searching for lost Confederate gold supposedly sunk in Lake Michigan... I watch this one as well.
          Your wife may be right, but you're no crazier than the rest of us that are hooked on the show, it's the most watch show ever on the History channel.
          Bob Hill
          2007 2941DS Forester

Comment

Another History Channel show that I really like is Knight Fall and it is coming back real soon I believe. Don't know how they can keep any audience momentum if they have a year or more between seasons but I will be watching.
            wiredgeorge Mico TX
            2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
            2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

we don't watch Knight Fall but have watche Knight Fight which follows Forged In Fire on the History Channel at 10PM Eastern on Wednesday nights
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

in tonight's episode they found more fragments of ancient leather and parchment along with possibly another bone fragment .... the teaser for next week sounds interesting but that is usually the case
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

The last episode was tedious. Their latest hole collapsed and the stuff Jim mentioned in the last post had no bone fragments; most of the "parchment" turned out to be not. Something needs to happen to keep this series interesting.
                  wiredgeorge Mico TX
                  2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                  2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

true .... teasers for next week's show indicate they confirm the ocean water flooding the money pit is connected with Smith's Cove .... I don't recall seeing anything about the sinkhole forming in the money pit area
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

If you have on demand with your sat service, watch the last episode again. It was pretty much dominated. The drilling company called the boys to the H8 hole and showed them that their rig was being undermined by collapsing soil. The older brother started getting worked up some. The hole got progressively deeper. The drillers stopped using the oscillating drill bit and were just using the hammer grab and they had to stop that... it appeared that all the voids and old holes were giving way; in my opinion because of that oscillating drill. I would LOVE to see how much has been spent chasing the treasure and wonder if anything will ever happen. The teaser showed a dye leak back into Smith's Cove indicating they had found flood tunnels and they were out on the south side of the island thinking there were multiple flood tunnels and there may be some out in the ocean as well...
                      wiredgeorge Mico TX
                      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

it amazes me to think of all these tunnels and digging down so deep hundreds of years ago
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

This episode had them fill in the sink hole around their H8 dig and pour some red dye into an older searcher hole and it came out in the cove. They also found an old bucket while digging... yet another week of intense excitement!
                          wiredgeorge Mico TX
                          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                          2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

I didn't see a picture of it but the impression I got was they were able to take care of the sinkhole .... glad to hear you confirm it .... that had to be some really concentrated dye .... such a small amount in the jar for the huge volume of water they were pumping
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Them old timers had some tricks the young whippersnappers haven't figured out yet. I can guarantee they had a way to get their treasure without getting killed. Kinda like you never find an old farmhouse right beside a creek, always on higher ground.
                              Clif and Millie
                              Mabank, TX (sorta)
                              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
                              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

There sure are a lot of underground tunnels and such for there not to be a treasure BUT why would they bury treasure over 150' down under an island? The flood tunnels seem to me just a way to have something go very wrong. Wonder if anything will ever be found?
                                wiredgeorge Mico TX
                                2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                                2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Working...
                                X