No announcement yet.

Oak Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good show tonight .... Gary Draper's ability to identify and date the items he finds continues to amaze me .... biggest find of the show, more connection to the Knights Templar .... I'd really love to spend some time having him work with me on how to get the most out of our metal detector
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Sigh... another week of mighta beens. They were pulling big hunks of very old timber and the union went on strike! Snow was starting to blow. Hope they have something, ANYTHING to show for this season's colossal money dump. A little piece of metal here, a bone there, pieces of leather... at this point I am never sure that this junk wasn't put there by others searching for the treasure which may be under ground. Wonder how many seasons of woulda-shoulda can this show stand and yet I am still glued to the tube every episode...
      wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

from the looks of the weather, there can't be many more episodes left for this season
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

parts of tonight's episode were reasonably interesting but, all in all, they were just filling air time .... I can see how with their equipment operators on strike, they would need to come up with something to televise .... next week is the season finale .... it will be interesting to see how they come up with a cliff hanger for next weeks show to help keep up interest during the off season
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I hope something happens... finding another old coin with a metal detector or scraping some old wood out of the ground belies the treasure hunting premise of the show. I swear I am not going to stay addicted to this foolishness if NOTHING happens for yet another season! If treasure is indeed buried, you would think it would be retrievable where it would not be inundated with water and dirt, etc. All the boys have found is water and dirt and enough to suggest someone was grubbing down under the ground at 130 ft or so. Makes no sense to me.
            wiredgeorge Mico TX
            2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
            2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

the 1hr season finale tonight is off to a strong start .... the confirmation the wood in the various structures unearthed in Smith's Cove this season predates the discovery of the Money Pit by 20 some years
              Last edited by JEBar; 05-01-2019, 04:11 AM.
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

well, the season ended with the customary review of the season and a discussion of where to go next .... about all I'm sure of is they will be back next year .... I'll most probably watch it again next year but I'm not chomping at the bit for next season to start
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I am still hung up on the idea that all the woodwork could be so deeply in the ground without the help of mechanical means...how'd they do it? Something is/was down there, but don't see how they can make sense of all the holes they have put in the ground. And the cost of 2000+ seismic shots...$$$$ sure hope they get more than a blip that turns out to be a sand formation. On to next year, meanwhile we can thirst for Confederate Gold in Lake Michigan. They seem to be ecstatic about finding a wooden platform on the bottom that is about 15'x16'---doesn't fit any boxcar I have ever seen...or we can watch the ever-adventurous Parker Schnabel wander thru New Guinea under threat of decapitation. Or maybe be enticed to find the WW II gold of Japan...under threat of being blown up by a booby trap. Seems treasure-hunting is the TV dujour programming.
                  '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                  '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                  '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                  First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                  Livin to go campin
                  In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
                    Seems treasure-hunting is the TV dujour programming.
                    Oak Island can take credit for that .... its hard for me to imagine the amount $$$$$ they have sunk in Oak Island
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

They, and everyone else. Have seen some stuff done in drilling never seen before, yet they missed some basic steps early if they had been experienced in well drilling. As to what I think--once they had the cofferdam in, I would have put a sub pump in some of the permanent shafts and see if the water inflow was stopped--that would have proven/disproven the box drain flooding theory. And no way did they use enough dye in that test. They also should have used a vacuum truck w/power spray to excavate rather than the trackhoe--that would have left very clean structures as they uncovered them. My permanent solution is to cofferdam the entire island then excavate it all to 130'.......
                      There is so much behind-the-scenes work done and money spent--also wish I had the patience to time all the repeated segments to see how much actual new footage is aired each hour
                      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                      Livin to go campin
                      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

there is no doubt that it has been an expensive, learn as they go experience for the brothers .... I have no doubt that looking back they now realize how time and money could have been much better spent ..... all of the speculation about books, manuscripts and such being stored down there aren't relevant since the saltwater flooded the tunnels .... if Smith's cove is the source. that's been cut off for a while .... I wonder if they have moved far enough inland to when the coffer dam is removed, will water once again cover everything ....
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I wish I had the job of the commentator who also does all the other treasure hunt shows. COULD THIS BE.... geesh, another season of NADA, ZIP, EMPTY.... They are having a special episode of "digging deeper" in about a month to go over the results of blowing all those charges in the swamp. There will most likely be SOMETHING that MIGHT be there to get folks back in front of their TV sets. I wonder what the over/under is for the boys to actually find treasure? I suspect none will ever be found.
                          wiredgeorge Mico TX
                          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                          2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
                            They are having a special episode of "digging deeper" in about a month to go over the results of blowing all those charges in the swamp. There will most likely be SOMETHING that MIGHT be there to get folks back in front of their TV sets. I wonder what the over/under is for the boys to actually find treasure?
                            you were certainly right .... the explosions showed what might be the long storied sunken ship in the swamp .... with part of it being only a couple of meters down, I suspect that they will jump on that in a hurry .... hated to learn of the passing of Dan Blankenship .... I enjoyed his humor and contributions to the show
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I saw a video of an alligator or Crock Im not sure what the difference is... on a beach near Oak Island NC.. is that the same area?
                              08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
                              2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
                              2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
                              hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

different Oak Island .... this one is way up north off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X