No announcement yet.

Oak Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary D. was put into the swamp this episode with a pole to poke the bottom. I am getting tired of my missus laughing at me for watching the show! Wish ANYTHING would happen. Sure they find some random old stuff, they sit around the table giving each other phony AHA looks and talk to experts who send them off nilly willy doing stuff that doesn't pan out. If they do ever find anything resembling treasure it likely won't be worth as much as they have sunk into this snipe hunt!
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
    2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

got in late yesterday and missed the new episode ... did record it and watched it a little while ago ... its still early in the season but it does seem to me that while they are still spending mega bucks, they seem to be approaching each project with more caution .... I find it hard to believe that they will find a treasure worth more than what they've spent but they clearly believe they are one the track of something big ....
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Hey, if they find a 'treasure' just the historical value could make up for the $$ spent. Plus don't forget how much TV is paying for to help the $$ agony. Between Gold Rush, White Water and Oak Island, that is about all the TV I watch any more except for the exciting Weather Channel....
        '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
        '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
        First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
        Livin to go campin
        In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

if there is anything down there, I can't help but wonder about its condition after being submerged in salt water every since the flood tunnels cut loose .... realistically the often discussed manuscripts and such that are speculated about should be pretty well destroyed
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

well, Gary came through again .... looking forward to seeing the results of the testing on his latest find .... can't help but wonder what they will find when they drain the swamp (again)
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
              well, Gary came through again .... looking forward to seeing the results of the testing on his latest find .... can't help but wonder what they will find when they drain the swamp (again)
              True. I have watched each and every episode and I am now more convinced that they will never find any vast treasure. I don't know what the brothers and their partner do/did for a living, but with what they are spending each season, their savings must be dwindling at a pretty fast rate.

Joe
              Joe and Debbie Gilbert
              On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
              Catch me if you can!!

Comment

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...et-worth.html/
                wiredgeorge Mico TX
                2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

the promo for tonight reads, "Forgotten clues produce new leads as the fellowship of the dig zeroes in on the Money Pit." .... looks like another hang on the the edge of your seat episode ...
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

well, my biggest takeaway from tonight's show is they still have big bucks to spend in their search .... I'm all for research and do enjoy seeing the technology being employed .... they did come up with a few interesting finds, Gary as usual was fun to watch ....
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

most interesting episode last night .... they found yet another major structure in Smith's Cove .... the Swamp has proven to be man made and dates back to a Knight's Templar age .... they located what is known as Shaft 2 which puts them withing a few feet of the original Money Pit shaft .... seeing them manually pull core samples from the swamp was interesting .... I find I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

The Oak Island team seems to be on the threshold of some big discoveries and in the scenes from next week's show they were scurrying around preparing for a Cat 1 storm coming in. Will their coffer dam area and the drained swamp be back under water? Stay tuned? What would happen if they did find this treasure and started accounting for all the money spent? Break even? Doubt it.... I will watch anyway (wife thinks I am an idiot).
                        wiredgeorge Mico TX
                        2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                        2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

every episode since #1 in Season 1, "The Oak Island team seems to be on the threshold of some big discoveries" .... It's clear to me that they have made some historic discoveries .... many are like interesting pieces of a puzzle that have yet to be properly fitted so as to create an understandable picture .... I do believe that something of significant value has been stored there .... I have doubts that its still there .... if it is, exposure to hundreds of years of ocean water will most certainly have an impact .... the tracked Excavator they brought in last night is yet another in a long line of impressive pieces of equipment that they have used in their search .... their zeroing in on the location of the "Money Pit" seems to be one of their most successful efforts .... I can see a Hurricane being bad news for several of the their current projects
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

What gets me is that the ex-slave who fought for the Brits in the Revolutionary War who bought a lot on Oak Island suddenly had the means to buy many other plots of land. I think there may have been some treasure buried but I think he or someone else has already found it. I also think that if there was some incredible historic artifact or treasured buried over 100 ft. deep and guarded by water booby traps, the articles/treasure wouldn't likely be recoverable or even intact. Why would someone do this with a super important item? Wouldn't it have been easier to dig a 10' hole and construct a metal vault or something sane like that?
                            wiredgeorge Mico TX
                            2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                            2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

easier, certainly .... by their reputation, the Templars who have been linked to Oak Island aren't known for doing things the easy way .... I agree that Samuel Ball is bound to have found something of value .... whatever it was that he found, wasn't buried deep in the earth .... I most certainly agree that if there is anything still down there, if its not gold, silver or jewels, its probably been rendered useless
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

much of tonight's episode was taken up getting ready and looking at the impact of Hurricane Dorian ..... to me the biggest positive is they appear to have located the original "Money Pit" .... no apparent damage to Smith's Cove but Dorian refilled the swamp where they were just getting started digging ....
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X