Oak Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Curse of Oak Island .... New Season Tuesday, November 10 at 9/8c
    Rick, Marty and the Oak Island team are back for the biggest season yet – bringing with them more determination, resources and technology than ever in their quest to solve the 224-year old treasure mystery. After seismic testing conducted at the end of last season revealed a possible sunken ship buried in the triangle-shaped swamp, the team will use sonic core drilling, strategic dives and finally a historic big dig to find out what could be buried below. Now fully partnered with fellow land owner, Tom Nolan, the son of the late, Fred Nolan, Rick, Marty and Craig Tester will have unprecedented access to areas of the island that they hope will yield answers… and treasure.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• lead up show for season 8 starts at 8PM Eastern followed by episode 1 of season 8 at 9PM Eastern on the History Channel
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• last night's 2 hour season opener was a bit different ... dealing with US and Canadian restrictions to Covid highlighted most of the story .... as usual, hopes fizzled a couple of times as things didn't go as expected .... it appears that they will not concentrate on a on a few areas, rather they are expanding the search to the whole island .... also as usual, more questions have arisen than answers have been found .... the more they search the further the further back in history they find evidence of human activity on the island .... for me following Gary Draper is still a highlight .... I'm looking forward to seeing the origin of the "ancient" coin that he found .... I've never seen anything like the new deep penetrating metal detector he was using
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Two hours of diver dropping what might have been a gold coin into the bottom of C1 and Gary not telling what he throught the coin he found represented. I suspect if they ever do anything useful on this show it won't be until the season finale and won't be in the season premier. Too much talk and not enough action as the song goes. Next week they have a spin off after the Curse of Oak Island where the team chases around after other lost treasures. Hopefully it will have a little more in positive watching.
          wiredgeorge Mico TX
          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
          2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

• tonight's new episode starts at 9PM Eastern Time .... right now a recap of last week is playing
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Season 8 Episode 3 airs tonight at 9PM Eastern .... in the first two episodes, Gary Draper continues to be the most entertaining searcher
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• yet more theories related to possible treasures buried on Oak Island have surfaced .... some on the surface are interesting but tax the limits of possibility .... in short, more questions without viable answers continue to surface .... I'm still enjoying following the technology being used in the search ....
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• The worst thing is the follow on show Beyond Oak Island. ZERO content.... just the boys talking and some feeble stabs at finding some widely known "lost" treasure. The boys sit in the war room and give each other the amazed look as one of them talks about treasure. I am going to quite watching that junky show.
                  wiredgeorge Mico TX
                  2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                  2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

• agree on the Beyond Oak Island show .... they have brought out a few interesting points but not enough to keep me watching
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• The Dive Deeper and Beyond shows have bit the dust it appears. I still am trying to understand why I bother watch the Curse of Oak Island as they continue to drill holes all over and find chunks of old wood, keep several archeologists busy uncovering old rocks and Gary making top pocket finds of pieces of old useless metal. After seven seasons not a sniff of the treasure. I wonder where ratings have been going as this show is getting repetitive and I am starting to find it boring. Those guys must be getting discouraged and I hope that their TV channel is putting up a bunch of the money being wasted.
                      wiredgeorge Mico TX
                      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

• it was still #1 among cable shows in the last ratings I saw back in February .... the age of the artifacts they are finding still amaze me
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
                          I still am trying to understand why I bother watch the Curse of Oak Island...
                          For the same reason I watch every special on the Loch Ness monster. Every show is the same.
                          "Let's look over here..."
                          "Nope that grainy photo still hasn't changed."
                          "Wait!?!? WHAT IS THAT!??!?! Oh.... it's a stick."
                          "Maybe over here..."
                          "WHOA!!! What about ---- nope, another stick."

You're hooked on the intrigue...

BTW... another special on Loch Ness is coming out next month. Theyr'e teasing they have big news!! Will have to watch...
                          Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
                          2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
                          Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Working...
                          X