Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    Oak Island is one of the few shows of that type we watched .... did look at a few episodes a year or so ago about Confederate and Yamashita's Gold .... made it bit longer with Yamashita than the Confederates... ran out of interest in both pretty quickly .... haven't even glanced at Skinwalker, no interest whatsoever

Leave a comment:

• wingnut60
    replied
    Methinks they are too creative on the Skinwalker show for my liking. Entertainment, for sure--my wife is hooked on paranormal shows, have to be careful how cynically I analyze some of their gadgetry...

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    Does anyone ever find anything of note on any History Channel reality show?

only around military related holidays and then not much

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    Ironic that their attempt to dig the money pit was frustrated by the collapse of a lateral shaft they dug the year before. This ended with the thought of digging a 100 foot hole around the whole area so they wouldn't miss the contents of the money pit which they now think may have drifted away with all the unsettled dirt (much of which they created). The oldest stuff has come from the beach and swamp and there doesn't seem to be a correlation between that stuff and the money pit which is more 18th century. They all want to come back but Marty mentioned three years for the big hole. Lord, this show will drag on into the 22nd century at this rate. The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch wasn't aired in favor of the Lost Gold of WWII. The Skinwalker show is starting to get over the top and next airing is pushed to next week I think. It is more paranormal than scientific and my wife thinks I am an idiot for watching that show as well. Does anyone ever find anything of note on any History Channel reality show?

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    the timeline display of items they have found was display .... the science says there was human activity on Oak Island all the way back into the 1100's .... the prediction that doing a massive dig in the Money Pit would cost tens of millions was sobering .... they ended by leaving a distinct impression that they will be back for another season

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    season finale tonight at 9PM Eastern on the History Channel

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    IMDb rating has The Curse of Oak Island as #6 rated reality show in the USA. I suspect that they won't find a treasure or anything else of substance till they are ready to wrap up the series. Wotj the money pit nearly at hand, the tunnel under the old house on the island and the swap features that don't make sense, lots of room for a cliffhanger for next season. Not sure what the filming season is in Nova Scotia but the pandemic might actually push back filming this year and delay a next season anyway.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    another episode, more stuff found .... almost no questions answered .... the size of the timbers with Roman Numerals carved into them found so far under ground is hard to believe .... how people with primitive tools were able to get them down there is a mystery all into itself .... it will be interesting to see what cliff hanger they will come up with in next week's season finale to keep up the interest until next season

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    caught up on last week's episode and watched tonight's .... the heavy timbers with Roman Numerals carved into them they started pulling out during the last 15 minutes of the show were interesting .... looking forward to seeing the numbers on the age of the timbers

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    missed last night's episode, sounds like most other episodes .... we will hang in there as well but aren't as committed as we once were

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    More BIG holes. More pieces of old cribbing and timbers, more bits of metal artifacts. Treasure? NOPE. Close? Marty is supposed to be worth $100M but how long can you dump tens of thousands of dollars in a "money pit"? Most critics agree that there is about 10 minutes of actual content per hour show with the rest just blah blah. I sure how ANYTHING would happen but I will continue to waste my time watching as surely as I stop they actually find some treasure!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    I do find it hard to understand the large number of heavy tunnel support timbers that are being found at several different locations .... with basically picks and shovels to get them so far down had to require a great deal of work

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    The show continues to drag along; digging the eye of the swamp raises more questions than answers. They brought in a HUGE drilling rig and are getting that going as they look for the actual money pit although they still haven't made much progress on closing off the "flood tunnels" . Previews of next week's show had them pulling out a lot of old wood shoring timbers. Will they ever find anything? I doubt it but a new spin off show if coming next week; The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. I am dumb enough that I will probably watch this as well. They don't appear to have a new season of The Curse of Civil War Gold which was a lot more promising than the Oak Island treasure hunt. That guy that narrates all these History Channel shows sure has a lot of job security!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    much has happened during the last couple of episodes .... hate to see them having to remove the barrier at Smith's Cove .... their permit ran out with much left to be learned .... the huge canister that they will be sinking next week should really be something to watch

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    Rick, Marty and the rest of the team gather in the war room and try to decide steps to take next. Some mentions President Trump and they unanimously vote "DRAIN THE SWAMP". If you were going to hide treasure, would you make a man made swamp over the treasure? The sunken ship? The stone walkway? Geesh, you found the money pit and first thing back to business is draining the swamp again? I think we are setting up for yet another season... And after the flooding of the storm, will any of the shafts they have dug not be filled with water?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X