X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    right not NASCAR is on NBCSports, channel 159 .... all I can tell you is I just checked and FS1 is available to us on DISH ..... back in July there was some talk about some regional stations being dropped but I don't know the details .... a call to their customer service might provide you with current info .... if you do, please post what you learn
    just checked and this is no longer the case .... FS1 @ FS2 along with more local FOX sports stations are no longer available on our service .... same old story, FOX says DISH is being unreasonable and DISH is saying the same about FOX .... bottom line, folks like us are caught in the middle .... I most certainly understand both companies wanting the best contract terms .... what upsets me is we haven't even made our first payment .... nothing in any piece of literature we have received, nothing in every voice contact with a customer representative during our process of selecting a service mentioned there being an issue .... to me that falls into a false advertising category .... right now I'm on a long hold to speak with a customer rep, the recorded messages says it is going to be a long one
    Last edited by JEBar; 09-27-2019, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    Well that might happen once Stenhouse is gone. He regularly tears up his equipment, at least it seems so to me. He is very often involved in cautions.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    >>>In looking at racing trends and future performance, we believe we will see a massive reduction in needs for week to week car and frame repair. <<<

I'm very curious to see how this prediction will come about ???

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has lost his Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series ride for the 2020 season, as Chris Buescher will take over the No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford, the team announced Wednesday.
    ... and shortly afterwards, Roush announced that they were reducing the size of their metal fab shop and eliminating 15 fabrication employees. At the presser, VP of Employee Relations was quoted as saying, "In looking at racing trends and future performance, we believe we will see a massive reduction in needs for week to week car and frame repair. This allows us to move investments from a repair broken equipment aspect to one that focuses more on improving future design and performance."

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has lost his Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series ride for the 2020 season, as Chris Buescher will take over the No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford, the team announced Wednesday.

Stenhouse has been a part of Roush Fenway since 2008 — that includes his ARCA Series days — and piloted the No. 17 since 2013.

from NASCAR.com

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course ....Sunday, September 29, 2019 | 2:30 PM ET ....NBC

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    green flag at richmond

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    Maybe it’s all blown over and is done. I’m sure the printing in the solicitation mailings that go out are done a long time in advance. One thing is for sure and that is I wouldn’t even remotely consider getting Dish without Nascar being included. And yes I’m fully aware it only broadcasts 1/2 the season.

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    just checked MLB ... showing 5 games to pic from today .... Phillies at Braves on MLBN152 .... Mariners at Pirates on MLBNA478 .... Padres at Brewers on MLBN152 .... two more on regular channels ...

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif
    replied
    Can someone with Dish look and see if MLB and NFL football is available. Or are they still fighting. I doubt if Dish would give a correct answer.

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    I will report back if and when I call. After googling it prior to asking here I learned that Fox is owned by Walt Disney and they were holding a hard line in negotiations. The shows that were mentioned as not being shown were MLB and football. They said those two are the most expensive to provide because of the players salaries and the leagues trying to get all they can from the broadcast rights. Don’t watch or care about either but it might affect me if Fox1 is not shown because of it. Always something it seems. I got caught up in the dispute that Verizon and Netflix were having. Partway through a show Verizon would drop out the feed from Netflix. We ended up dropping Netflix because of it. Very bad business decisions made by both sides.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    right not NASCAR is on NBCSports, channel 159 .... all I can tell you is I just checked and FS1 is available to us on DISH ..... back in July there was some talk about some regional stations being dropped but I don't know the details .... a call to their customer service might provide you with current info .... if you do, please post what you learn

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    I’m looking to get Dish so I can get NASCAR on Fox1. Just got sales info fro Dish but this list of channels does not include Fox sports or FX1. What’s up with this? I heard they were in contract talks with Fox but not that a deal hasn’t been reached. Do you folks get Nascar?

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Richmond Raceway ...Saturday, September 21, 2019 | 7:30 PM ET .... NBCSN

Leave a comment:

Working...
X