Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    I'm sure it keeps one of his major sponsors happy ..

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Now THIS is some good marketing... (click on the picture, not the web address)

Leave a comment:

• archbarb
    replied
    And to think he had a permanent tattoo of Richard Petty done awhile ago. He is a very overrated driver.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    He's a great story... that's what he has going for him

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Yeah. At some point, Bubba's talent (or lack thereof) has to catch up to him. Granted.... I don't think anyone views the 43 as competitive equipment... but come on... out of the 31 drivers that have started all 29 races to this point... Bubba is 26th ---- barely ahead of "start and park" equipment.

I'm actually surprised that Petty has kept him on. He's a great story... and has potential to be a great brand ambassador... but at some point sponsors have to be concerned with throwing good money away...

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    heard about the finger, figured there had to be something .... throughout the entire race Bowman was fighting with Newman and some others for a place in the chase .... Bubba shouldn't have been surprised that he'd fight for every inch

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    I'd be curious to know what happened on the track that set Bubba off
    Supposedly some pinching down in corners... a cutoff or two in the chicane... then the 43 giving "the finger" multiple times over 3-4 laps.

Must've been good. LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    I'd be curious to know what happened on the track that set Bubba off

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    The only way I agree w/ NASCAR's take here... is that one driver was being attended to by medical folks. If it's just a driver sitting there - exhausted - I have no issue w/ what Bubba did.

Pretty sure if you go back in NASCAR history.... "classy" would not be a term that would come to mind in ANY of the driver altercations. LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    quote below from the link .... it will be interesting to see where things go from here

“I would say I will be having a conversation with Bubba Wallace. That was really not classy whatsoever,” O’Donnell told SiriusXM. “I understand that drivers have issues with each other during the race. We totally get that, but with drivers on the ground being tended to by medical personnel, you need to be smarter than that, and we’ll have that conversation with Bubba and we’ll see how that goes, obviously prior to Dover.”
    NASCAR officials plan to speak with Bubba Wallace after a post-race altercation with Alex Bowman after Sunday's event at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    at least 30 rows up sounds about right ..... its been several years since I was at Charlotte .... the buildings and other stuff in the infield have really grown and have a way of obstructing the view

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Actually you SHOULD be able to see the full Roval course @ Charlotte. Last time I was there... if memory serves... you need to be in Row 30 or higher to see the full oval track. Given that the Roval is INSIDE of the oval track... the same should be true.

I think it's a great layout... the challenges it presents to drivers is obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    I very much enjoyed yesterday’s race. That was just plain cool where Chase chose to do his winning burnout. Chase is a very good road course driver. I’m of the mind that you can’t see the whole of most oval tracks either. I like them both but for different reasons.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    his Dad had a historic comeback back in 1985 that Kyle mentioned during the post race coverage .... I believe that Chase's comeback today will be elevated to a similar status

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    when Charlotte created its Roval I thought it was a horrible idea .... I still wouldn't buy a ticket to watch a Roval race there because you can't see all of the track .... but I have to hand it to them, today they put on one heck of a race .... I was most impressed with the winner, Chase Elliot .... he drove a race that will be discussed for many years to come .... also impressed with the driving of Alex Bowman .... Ryan Newman didn't finish well but driving a car that probably goes directly to the junk yard, he really showed he hasn't lost his fire .... lost a great deal of respect for Bubba Wallace .... interesting to see all 4 Hendrick cars in the top 9

Leave a comment:

Working...
X