Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texaspsdx
    replied
    Glad to see him leaving also. Been so long since he has been in a car, what he comments on today sometimes make no sense.

Leave a comment:

• archbarb
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    and the good news is, Darrell Waltrip to retire from FOX booth following 19-year run .... I was not a fan of his when he was a driver and he's one of my least favorite announcers
    Amen on his retirement from the booth. I grew up watching him carve his name into the sport at the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway. Cale Yarborough named him Jaws. Would never shut up.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    and the good news is, Darrell Waltrip to retire from FOX booth following 19-year run .... I was not a fan of his when he was a driver and he's one of my least favorite announcers

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Bristol Motor Speedway ....Sunday, April 7, 2019 | 2:00 PM ET ..... FS1

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by archbarb View Post
    It's looking like an April Fools joke now.
    Yep. Sure suckered me in....

From the original - now updated - story...

"Unfortunately for Carl Edwards fans, this news will only be true for one day, and that day is Monday, April 1. Reality will kick back in and Edwards will still be retired with absolutely no plans to return to NASCAR Cup Series competition for Team Penske or for any team in the Cup Series paddock. Please check your calendars accordingly so you do not confuse this story with a non-April Fools’ Day story, and we sure hope you had a Happy April Fools’ Day!"

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    A long a his Dad keeps pouring in millions as a sponsor, he'll find a ride.

I tend to believe that's going to be the case

Leave a comment:

• archbarb
    replied
    It's looking like an April Fools joke now.
    Last edited by archbarb; 04-01-2019, 10:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• archbarb
    replied
    A long a his Dad keeps pouring in millions as a sponsor, he'll find a ride.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Just read that "Cousin Carl" is coming back next year. He will drive for Team Penske. I guess they are adding another car. I guess he was getting tired of retirement. Glad he will be back in a Ford.
    Penske has a deal inked to fully acquire the 21 team from Wood Brothers Racing. Will be sad to see the Wood Brothers exit the sport... but... it's probably time.
    Carl will pilot the 21 car and be a teammate to 2- Brad Keslowski, 12 - Ryan Blaney, 22 - Joey Logano.

That will be a stout team for sure. With the level of performance that Penske has shown thus far... they could very well be the dominant team in NASCAR.

Where Paul Menard goes? Time will tell. Getting tough for him to find a seat. At some point, mediocre performance catches up...

Leave a comment:

• archbarb
    replied
    Just read that "Cousin Carl" is coming back next year. He will drive for Team Penske. I guess they are adding another car. I guess he was getting tired of retirement. Glad he will be back in a Ford.

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    I pull for the Chevy drivers. I have always been a Chevy person and won't change now! Although, I will pull for 41 as my student is the engineer on that team.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    what's happened .... the 48 on the pole and leading the first 10 laps with several other Camaros running strong .....

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Texas Motor Speedway .... Friday, March 29, 2019 | 9:00 PM ET .... FS1

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    I’m sure they will continue to move the Championship race around. It’s probably a bid and money deal after the possible weather issue.

Leave a comment:

• archbarb
    replied
    I felt the same when they left Atlanta for Homestead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X