2019 Summer Odyssey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Summer Odyssey

Today we started our first leg of our summer adventure. We left home from SE Ga at 0600hrs and made it to a great little KOA IN Cartersville, Ga., which is about 40 miles north or Atlanta. Surprisingly it is only $37.00 a night. Pretty cheap for a KOA. Tomorrow we will arrive at my hometown, Nashville, Tn for 7 nights at a campground called Nashville I-24 in Smyra Tn. From there to Gettysburg, Pa. for a week, touring battlefields, then work our way towards New York, Vermont, Mass., New Hampshire, Maine then to New Brunswick, Can.to visit with my wife's family. We will be there 2 weeks. Should be back home in 3 month's or so. Looking forward to cool weather, and $4.50 per pound for lobster off the boat in Maine.
    Archie & Barbara Prince
    SE Georgia (Home)/Middle Tennessee (Home away from Home)
    2007 GMC 2500HD CC L/B LBZ Duramax/Allison Transmission
    2011 Big Country (Heartland) 3250TS
    Curt Q5 20K Hitch
    Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
    Rieco-Titan Ground Control
    TST TPTMS
    Progressive EMS-HW50C

AMEN on the $4.50 per pound for lobster off the boat .... sounds like a great trip .... will you get to visit any of the forts and battlefields in NY .... looking forward to your post and pictures along the way
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

How was campground near Nashville?

Comment

Great. We stayed there last year. It's called Nashville I-24, but is actually right outside of Nashville in Smyrna. $35.00 a night there vs. $70.00 or more by Opry Mills. We will probably stay there again in about 3 month's on our way back home.
        Archie & Barbara Prince
        Curt Q5 20K Hitch
        TST TPTMS
        Progressive EMS-HW50C

Comment

All I gotta say is if you have interest in the American Civil War, Gettysburg is a must see. Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go there. We stayed 5 nights at the Gettysburg KOA, which is about 5 miles or so away. Most of out time at Gettysburg was spent walking around looking at all the monuments and reading the plaques on the battlefield. It's not even summer time, and it looks like thousands of tourists go there daily.
          Archie & Barbara Prince
          Curt Q5 20K Hitch
          TST TPTMS
          Progressive EMS-HW50C

Comment

couldn't agree more .... visiting Gettysburg is a wonderful experience ..... we were advised to not take the bus tour .... rather, to stop by one of the tour places and get a DVD they play on the tour .... they only stop at a few locations .... on your own you can stop for as long as you want, any place you want .... then return the DVD back and you'll get most of your money back
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
            X