Hi!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

Just wanted to say hi all! I’m still alive. Boy it’s sure been awhile. So many things going on other than camping since we got our new home 3 years ago. We can do pretty much everything at home that we used to go camping for, other than sight see. Swimming pool, lots of land, and peace and quiet. I think our trailer has only gone out once a year for our usual 2 week vacation so far since 2015. It just sits in the back yard now.
    My kids and I are now into ATV riding and sight seeing on the trails. We also have a 4 seater RZR. We bring those along for our two weeks a year vacation to a few campgrounds in NH that you can trail ride straight from your trailer front step!! Tons of fun for the whole family for sure.

I’ve moved on from dealership life and work for a small shop here in my hometown of Ashby, Ma. 1.3 mile commute now instead of 40+! Caitlyn is gone, (my old truck), she was old and tired. New England was taking over and the bed was rotting off and various other concerns at 279k miles. I did my best to keep her going. I replaced her with a gas truck, a 2016 F350 Lariat Ultimate. It seems to fill the shoes well and do the job I need it to do.

Hope all is well with everyone.
    Leon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 07PSDCREW; 05-08-2019, 03:55 AM.
    sigpic
    2007 Ford F350 6.0 CC SB
    Fully RE-bulletproofed 08-18-14/EGR/ARP Studs
    Reese 16k round tube slider hitch.
    2000 Damon Hornet 2850BH 5er :rvbbq:

Hi right back. Trust me when I say I understand how life takes over. I had no idea they made 350's in gas... I've never seen one. So thanks for that input.
    Sara
    08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
    2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
    2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
    hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

delighted to see you back on the open forum .... good to hear things are going well for you and your family .... I'd really enjoy hearing you impressions of late generation, towing gasoline engines
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

The 6.2L gas has gotten praise on the Ford forums for pulling and they just came out with the 7.3L which doesn't have enough exposure to have a lot of comments. I looked high and wide of a 6.8L V10 F350 and just couldn't find one so ended up with the 6.0L diesel. They have about the same amount of HP and torque.
        wiredgeorge Mico TX
        1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
          delighted to see you back on the open forum .... good to hear things are going well for you and your family .... I'd really enjoy hearing you impressions of late generation, towing gasoline engines
          Hi Jim. So far, I’ve only towed my enclosed trailer for the sxs about 60 miles or so. I love it, but it isn’t a 6.0 or 6.7 Diesel. It definitely gets the job done though. My fifth wheel is about 11500-12k loaded. I’ve only gone for a quick 10 mile tow just to be sure my new hitch setup is in good working order. I was suprised at how good it did move my heavy trailer, but it didn’t say “hey, you’re coming with me right now!” Like my 6.0 did. There’s a difference of about 170 ft lbs of torque between the two. It works for my current situation though. I only drive 1.5 miles to work now and the occasional tow of the fifth. I will be towing the enclosed just about every weekend all summer, and for that it is plenty. Plus, it was such an awesome upgrade to go from a Lariat to a Lariat Ultimate!! I’m spoiled now.

We we will be heading up to North Stratford Nh this year to Big rock campground. Staying June 27th-July 8th. It’s about a 3.5 hr ride with plenty of hills so I’ll be sure to report back. There’s a ride date on the 28th to head up Mount Washington on the Auto road on our SXS. Can’t wait!
          sigpic
          2007 Ford F350 6.0 CC SB

Comment

interesting .... have you heard anything about the coming 7.3 gas motor ?
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Honestly, I’ve heard about just as much as you. My friends at the dealer heard a few rumblings as well. I’m sure they will be coming soon to compete for first place among the big three.
              sigpic
              2007 Ford F350 6.0 CC SB

Comment

10-4 .... if/when you should hear anything that you can pass on, I'm sure there are several fellows here who would appreciate your assessment
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                X