No announcement yet.

Morning Coffee and Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long has that "temporary" thing been going on?
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

• Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
      How long has that "temporary" thing been going on?
      My professional career. Came here for a once-in-a-lifetime corporate opportunity. We've been VERY fortunate to be able to do things, travel places, experience things that a lot of folks haven't because of what our jobs have afforded us.

Started in this field in '96. We'll leave this state when I retire in eight years. So.... 32 years.
      Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
      2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
      sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
      Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

• 38 this morning on its way to 59 later today .... beautiful Carolina Blue Sky .... the really good news is the forecast is calling for a warming trend with no rain
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 37 right now on its way to 62 today with 0% chance of rain under a Carolina Blue Sky today on the banks of the Colorado River near Columbus, TX this morning .... sure hope things continue to dry out as much today as they did yesterday .... with it being Valentine's Day, we plan to go out to eat later this evening
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 67 very humid/foggy morning on the Colorado River near Columbus, TX .... they are calling for our last day of our 3 week stay here to reach 82 degrees with only a 10% chance of rain .... sausage, eggs, Folgers to start out the day
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• its 71 right now on the Colorado River near Columbus, TX .... at our destination today in Granbury, TX its currently 58 degrees and they are calling for that to be the high for today .... fried eggs, sausage, tomato and a single cup of coffee to start the day
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 41 chilly degrees this morning with it only getting up to 50 later today in Granbury, TX .... steady rain due to move in during the mid afternoon and to hang around until about this time tomorrow .... sausage and eggs with Folgers to start the day
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Will hover about 50F all day and rain... yuch. We drink breakfast blend K-Cups we buy in Walmart. We had purchased a K-Cup machine at Walmart a couple years ago and liked it so much that we bought another for the house. We used to drip a pot and toss a couple cups every day. My wife and I both prefer the breakfast blend as it is pretty smooth and mild. Our coffee makers work well and are easy to use; I generally set up my first cup in the evening so the machine is ready to hit the go button when I get up. Here is the machine we use in our home and camper:
                  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...aker/912456806

We used to use a Keurig machine but they never held up all that well and they aren't worth the price tag (imho).
                  wiredgeorge Mico TX
                  2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                  2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

• we still use considerably earlier versions in both our camper and at home .... the one shown below is in our camper .... it can make one cup to one post .... for our use, we usually make one cup at a time .... given that drip coffee maker, RO water, a paper filter and Folgers Classic Roast, I happily start off each day
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 43 (feels like 38) this morning on its way to 51 later today .... good to see some blue sky to our north .... they are calling for it to get down to 30 tonight .... if it does, it will be the first time we've experienced subfreezing temps on this trip .... eggs, sausage, tomato, Folgers for breakfast
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 32 in Granbury, TX (lowest temp we have seen on our current trip) with it forecasted to reach 55 later today when we are due to get back to Columbus, TX.... bacon, eggs and Folgers to kickoff the day
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 39 here in Katy TX this morning with clear skies. Going to 55 this afternoon
                          Ron Norton
                          Katy, TX
                          2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP
                          2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Comment

• 42F here in the Hill Country this AM; supposed to see a little sun later today. My bro-in-law and I snuck out to the range yesterday while the gals went into San Antonio to have nails done. Not many folks at the range and the wind let up and the cool temps felt comfortable. I shot my 22 mag and not all that great but was nice to play hooky from work for a day. It is a Savage with walnut thumb hole stock and have a Barska scope. Let my bro-in-law shoot my CZ 17 HMR bolt with laminate thumb hole stock and bull barrel. Have the same Barska scope on this rifle. This is my favorite paper shooter with consistent 1" groups at 50 yds. It is a bit more accurate than the Savage. Anyway, it is always good to be out throwing a bit of lead at paper.
                            wiredgeorge Mico TX
                            2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                            2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

• 40 this morning on its way to 63 later today with a 0% chance of rain .... happy to see a warming trend in the forecast .... not so happy that they are calling for rain to move back in late this weekend .... eggs with cheese, bacon, Folgers have me ready to start the day
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 59 right now on its way to 67 with 20% chance of rain near Columbus, TX .... thunderstorms due to move in late tonight .... omelet, bacon, tomato, and Folgers to start off the day
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X