The Curse of Civil War Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Curse of Civil War Gold

I hate to admit I watch the TV show in the title... it is a brain dead spin off of Oak Island with Marty financing another fiasco. This week looked like a season finale but it was listed as such so who knows? Bottom line is they finally found GOLD bricks down on the bottom of Lake Michigan... same divers used as for the Oak Island dives. In any case it appears the GOLD bricks were modern bricks painted gold. Now that is cold - Who would take the trouble to do this? They set up the ol' conspiracy angle for next season indicating that whoever did it dumped the bricks to throw our intrepid treasure hunters off the scent. Will I watch next season (if there is one)??? Wellllll... just stay tuned!
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

we admit to watching it as well .... this past season they have tried to tie it to Lincoln's assassination .... as noted, several folks are on both shows, my favorite is Gary Draper and his metal detector .... with both of these shows, I don't doubt that at some point in the past there was something of value .... as to if it is still there to be found ?????
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Well, I watch them both. But getting to the end of my interests, as the 'gold bricks' looked just like a gold 'brick' to me as soon as they showed it the first few times. Remember the 'gold' bar that showed on one of the videos on Oak Island, never to be seen again? I like both shows, but beginning to be 'Made For TV' more so than actual efforts at finding anything. But, the money being expended indicates that the viewing audience is certainly buying the shows, or they would be gone.
      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
      Livin to go campin
      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

My wife thinks I am an idiot for watching the "curse of" pair and the WWII gold one is even tackier. I think I am addicted. The same guy does the narration on all of them. I also admit to watching "America Unearthed" (Travel Channel) which is even more goofy most of the time. CONSPIRACIES ABOUND!
        wiredgeorge Mico TX
        2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

I watched the last episode with the anticipation of a kid on Christmas Eve, only to feel like I was kicked in the gut at the end.
          Bob Hill
          2007 2941DS Forester

Comment

sadly, too well understood
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...