Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks

For all those who prayed for me there is some good news. My last cancer check up was good PSA was zero, as a results they have moved my my check up to every six months. feels good to get my life back to semi normal. Janet's hip operation finally started to work last month after six months not in as much pain. The Bad news is we Sold our fifth wheel in Feb. and I let every thing go with it. Now we miss going out and seeing places. I have decided that we need to go the motorhome route as there are only entrance steps to go up. Looked at five this last two weeks, and Friday we found one she likes. I must say None of the motorhomes have the kitchen storage that our Cursader had. This one is a 2000 Monoco 36 feet long, the same length that our old CrossRoads fifth wheel. Only 24K on the mileage. New tires new canopies two slides. Interior was completely redone. The first owner was a Mississippi State fan and used it to go to the games. The second owner is selling it because of changes in their business .They own two nursing homes and a EMT service and with everything going on they felt they could not use it the way it needed to be. Now I have to start all over on getting stuff to go camping. Hope to see you all down the road.
    Frank and Janet Henn
    Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
    2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
    out of Brandon Mississippi

The news about your health and Janet's hip are most welcome; I hope things continue in that vein. I look forward to pictures of the new rig. I know you will put your own touches on it and it will become a comfy home away from home. Do the pups have to give it their approval?!
    We got a weekend away from home and really enjoyed seeing something different than the backyard. We will be heading to SD in about 3 weeks.

Comment

the Pups just want to go out tho they will miss the center console of the Didge to stand on.. If it all comes together hope to take the first voyage mid week
      Frank and Janet Henn
      Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
      2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic

Comment

Sounds great. Glad to hear about all the problems going away. Of course you know if you get over toward Texas you have a roosting spot. Maybe we need to wander East???
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
        2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Prayers answered Frank!! Thanks for the update...
          Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
          2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
          Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
            Sounds great. Glad to hear about all the problems going away. Of course you know if you get over toward Texas you have a roosting spot. Maybe we need to wander East???
            You bet Clif
            Frank and Janet Henn

Comment

Good news for both of you. Understand the MH change, going thru that ourselves also. Big difference in storage areas. Hope good health continues.
              '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
              '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
              '10 F450 4x4--new to me
              First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
              Livin to go campin
              In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Now comes the toad...
                Clif and Millie
                Mabank, TX (sorta)
                2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

PSA of 0 is a good thing... I had prostate cancer about 3 years ago now and my last PSA was .07. >4 is considered normal so it may drift up just a tad but under 4 appears to be the goal... I did MD Anderson Proton Therapy treatment in Houston. 4 months in my 22 ft. Sunnybrook Harmony in South Main RV park.
                  wiredgeorge Mico TX
                  2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
                  2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
                    Now comes the toad...
                    Yes down the road, thinking of a dolly, instead of four down
                    Frank and Janet Henn

Comment

Hi Frank, haven't been on for sometime now, and thought it was time to check in. sounds like you have been through some bumps in the road but things getting better. Glad to hear that. I see you are going to do the motor home thing. AAA recommends against doing the 2 down on the toad, they say pull 4 down. So I bought a Nissan Juke. The one that looks like a "clown shoe" I have been told. Its a 6 spd stick. So no big worry about 55 mph and starting to let run for so often. It can be pulled faster, and when you stop for fuel you let it run for 5 minutes. Everything was about to come together till this Red China thing came up. I drive that little car all over. What do you plan using for a toad ?
                      Lee
                      Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                      Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                      04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                      07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                      16K Pullrite Super Slide
                      2006 Excel 30RSO
                      All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by frank henn View Post
                        Yes down the road, thinking of a dolly, instead of four down

if you go with a dolly, I suggest that you make sure your tow vehicle is capable of towing the dolly .... back when we had a motorhome we found that some sites got pretty crowded trying to park the motor home, dolly and towed .... at times we had to tow the dolly to a different parking area
                        Jim
                        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Have not made up my mind yet on the toad unit looking to a 2005 or 6 Chrysler converttible
                          Frank and Janet Henn

Comment

Lots to consider if using a trailer. The biggest is many CGs have no place to store them. Other considerations are some states require a license for trailers, they are a pain to set up to go, especially if parked in a CG's spare parking lot. You'll have to have a hitch on your toad to pull the trailer to the MH, hook it to the MH, then get the toad around to load it...there's no room to do all this in many CGs.

As for toads, Jeep has passed the Honda CRV as the favorite. In model year 15, the CRV changed transmissions making them untowable four down. If I was looking for a toad, I'd look for a 14 or earlier CRV....all of them are towable, AWD and FWD.

We went from a Montana 5th wheel to a MH in 2010...and are now on our second MH. You'll love it, great way to travel and easy to set up and take down.
                            Bert
                            2014 American Eagle
                            Freightliner Chassis
                            DD 500

Comment

Simple, 2 drivers, 2 vehicles. Go someplace there is room.
                              Clif and Millie
                              Mabank, TX (sorta)
                              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
                              X