No announcement yet.

I Kid You Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just took dropped off a package at UPS that is on its way to NY .... it cost $12.45 .... the same size package dropped off with USPS on Dec 16 cost $10.80 .... with this being the New Year's Holiday weekend, the emailed confirmation states :
    this

It's currently at THE UPS STORE #4407 and will be picked up by UPS on Monday, January 4, 2021.

You can expect it to arrive on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 End of DayI

if this proves to be the case, for $2 more, the package will arrive in 2 days of travel but it will not experience foreign travel
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

17 days after being dropped off at our local Post Office in central NC, the package arrived in Estelline, SD .... we've been told that the box looked pretty rough and one of the jars had come open .... it doesn't appear to have enjoyed the journey ..
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Sold my 450 to a couple from AL--flew in, picked it up, drove back directly to AL. Left my MUDMAN plates on to keep them from irritating stops by vigilant cops. They mailed them back on Nov 8 and got to my RV park on Dec 24...unfortunately, left the park going to Tucson. Now have to go back to Alvarado to pick them up on way up I-35. Did not have a tracking #, so I was SOL if they didn't show up...Another side story to this--they spent the night at motel near DFW and took Uber out to RV park where I was. When they got to park, did not have backpack containing the check and cash--left it sitting on bench outside at Marriott. Called motel, yep, they have it. Drove them back to motel and got the backpack--inside was certified check for $55k and $6500 cash--still there. Miracles do happen.
        '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
        '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
        First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
        Livin to go campin
        In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
          Drove them back to motel and got the backpack--inside was certified check for $55k and $6500 cash--still there. Miracles do happen.
          remarkable indeed
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

another good example :

I ordered an item from Amazon on Dec 27th and they shipped it with the USPS ----

on Dec 29th it arrived at a carrier facility in San Bernardino, CA US at 5:41 AM

later that same day it arrived at a carrier facility in Moreno Valley Ca Distribution Center, US at 6:56 AM

it hasn't been heard from since, and I can' help but wonder if its on the way to San Juan ...
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Check out this tracking: parcel sent Dec. 31st. Got into Detroit on the 1st, went somewhere and then by magic, back in Detroit today. Geesh:

January 8, 2021, 12:43 pm
              Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
              DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
              Your item arrived at our DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on January 8, 2021 at 12:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
              January 5, 2021
              In Transit to Next Facility
              January 1, 2021, 4:48 pm
              Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
              DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
              December 31, 2020, 6:25 pm
              Departed Post Office
              KALAMAZOO, MI 49009
              December 31, 2020, 1:10 pm
              USPS in possession of item
              KALAMAZOO, MI 49009
              wiredgeorge Mico TX
              2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
              2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

DH retired from USPS. When they first started delivery of packages, he predicted it would be a disaster and it is. The worst is when FedX or UPS use ‘sure post’ or whatever the term. They have certain postal facilities points and they follow those religiously. A package may arrive a distribution center within an hour of your post office but will be sent to the next point on their ‘line’. So a package may go to several distribution centers in multiple states. It’s totally crazy.
                sigpic

Comment

Makes you wonder I received a bill from comcast. Jan 10 th I opened it to write out a check. the bill was due Jan 5th. Went round and round with comcast they kept saying it went in the mail 12 16. They kept saying it would occur a late payment. How I wish we had another carrier for internet
                  Frank and Janet Henn
                  Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
                  2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
                  out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

Working...
                  X