Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer

Reminder for myself, Don't almost hit a deer with David in the passenger seat.

Tonight on the way home from a birthday dinner for my Pawpaws birthday at my parents (we had to leave early due to Davids mom almost burning her kitchen down do to a grease fire) the speed limit is 55mph, I was doing 60. I had less then 2 seconds to make a choice with a car right on my tail. I could NOT slam on my breaks. We were in my what I refer to as my beater car. a 2001 Nissan Sentra SRT. I wasn't worried about a dent but I was worried it would fly thru the windshield. It was HUGE. All I can say is the car has great traction. I missed the deer w/i centimeters. I was hoping for a side swipe vs a full front hood strike. I never made a sound, David closed his eyes and screamed, btw, NOT helpful. I made it past the deer just fine then he stopped and the car behind me almost over corrected. We stopped a few feet down the road and so did he. He said I dont know how you missed it. He saw me make my choice and chose to go the other way. He ended up off the side of the road and got himself a flat tire. We offered to help him change it. He said he needed to make a trip to the woods and would call his wife to pick him up and wait till tomorrow to change it.

We try not to drive my truck to my parents b/c Deer are a huge thing on the road from our house to theirs.

So keep your eyes peeled and no squawking when super human driving is needed...
    08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
    2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
    2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
    hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

What type of scream?

Please tell us David screamed like a girl...please, please, please.:sack:
    BIGBIRD
    '13 F350 XLT / 6.7L PS / CC / LB / SRW / 4X4
    '09 Skyline Nomad 266

Comment

It was more like a sick pig. It was a squeal and shreak at the same time. But not in a high pitch. Some how I only scream after the fact.
      08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories

Comment

"Take a trip to the woods" is that a euphamism for had too much to drink?
        Comments above this line are rooted in humor..take it easy.

2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn
        2006 Dodge Ram 2500 (now farm use)
        2000 Sunnybrook 26 FK (memories only)
        2011 Sabre 31RLDS
        sigpic

Comment

Trip to the woods

Probably had to scrap out the old shorts.

Glad no one was injured. Good job Sara.

As always good camping
          Joyce and Jerry
          Jerry Sharp
          Joyce McAlpin
          Two Lifes One Dream
          2000 F 450 V10
          5.38 Gears Trailer Special
          Automatic 4R100
          20000# Reese Hitch
          Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
          Honda 4500 EX
          Hughes Internet
          Garmin 2720 Talking GPS
          Pressure Pro
          Junk 2009 Mobile Suite 38TKSB3 #4750

Comment

Originally posted by bigbirdtx View Post
            Please tell us David screamed like a girl...please, please, please.:sack:
            Originally posted by muddy princess sara View Post
            It was more like a sick pig. It was a squeal and shreak at the same time. But not in a high pitch.

duly noted for possible future use ....

Jim
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

The trip to the woods was to keep from messing his pants.

Comment

Working...
              X