I'm losing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm losing it

Last week was very busy. I was surfing around looking for some clothing items. I was pricing the almost identical items on 3 different sites and ordered from one because the shipping was less.

Paid with a credit card on a secure site. Problem is, I never received confirmation of the order and a week later, I can't remember where I ordered it from. I have not been charged for the order.

I guess this is a Note to Self type thread, When you buy something, remember where you bought it from. I don't.
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
    B&W Turnover
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate
    Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Originally posted by norty View Post
    I guess this is a Note to Self type thread,

you are absolutely right ..:agree:.. so, I moved it .... since you didn't get an confirmation and haven't been charged, could it be that you didn't make the final click to complete the order ..:dunno:

Jim
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Exactly why I always print the receipt or confirmation #.
      Papa Bob
      2008 32' Brookside 275FWRKS by Sunnybrook
      2002 Ford F250 SD 7.3L PSD
      Trailair Equa-Flex, Riderite Air Bags
      Champion C46540

Comment

:agree: with Jim on this one............are you sure you placed the order? A lot of times, I will be working on something and my darling wife will interrupt with something I'm sure she thinks is very important and when I finally get back to doing what I was doing, I have no clue what I was doing.
        My friends call me Woody (among other things)
        My DW's name is Cindy
        2007 Sunnybrook Brookside 301 RBS
        2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD LTZ dually D/A
        sigpic

Comment

I've done that before. On a bracelet. David said it was fate. I said I was side tracked trying to order that and new boots for Cole to race in on the phone. So further note to self. Don't try to shop online and over the phone at the same time....
          08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
          2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
          2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
          hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

Norty, take a look in the "history" on your computer and look at the websites you visited, if you keep a two or three week record. Go to the websites that are the likely suspects. If I don't make a hard copy of my purchases, I always save a copy of the checkout to my "documents."

Q.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

Welcome to the club norty. I lost it a long time ago and now don't even remember what it was I lost. :sack: Some of my online shopping has been some really good experiences. One not so good. But I have to say you got me beat on this one.

Check with Frank. Capitalist that he is, he can tell you how to track it down.
              Clayton & Gayle
              2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
              2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
              Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I use a program called Sticky Notes to save that type of info temporarily. Works great and it is free.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwerty View Post
                  Norty, take a look in the "history" on your computer and look at the websites you visited, if you keep a two or three week record. Go to the websites that are the likely suspects. If I don't make a hard copy of my purchases, I always save a copy of the checkout to my "documents."

Q.
                  :agree:
                  Russell
                  '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
                  '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
                  Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
                  '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

I use a program called "Greenshot". Clicking an icon in the taskbar allows me to save the screen view as a file; I save the checkout/confirmation page.

Comment

Thanks, all. I easily found it and re-ordered. Must have timed out while I got distracted. I will have to quit waiting on the confirmation and just copy the original order.
                      B&W Turnover
                      Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                      Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                      97 27RKFS SB
                      04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
                        Thanks, all. I easily found it and re-ordered.

now you'll probably end up with two of whatever you ordered ..

Jim
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                          now you'll probably end up with two of whatever you ordered ..

Jim
                          Good point, I may call them in the am and make sure there is not a SNAFU.
                          B&W Turnover
                          Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                          Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                          97 27RKFS SB
                          04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

sometimes it pays to be paranoid ..

Jim
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

I am NOT paranoid. Why are you people all against me?
                              Clayton & Gayle
                              2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
                              2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
                              Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X