Meet your neighbors earily if your in a long term spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet your neighbors earily if your in a long term spot

Ok here's a great story about our first weekend in our Summer lot.

It took 3 different trips by the power company to set up our electric box. Mostly b/c the AEP call center employees are clueless.... but moving on.

The evening after having our electric hooked up we towed our camper to the campground. Upon pulling in we see a 18 month old boy standing in the middle of the gravel road in just a diaper. No shoes, shirt, or shorts. I made the comment, "well this should be a fun summer" After sitting and waiting for about 2 mins a older kid comes and walks the little guy back to the grassy area in front of the camper. We pull into the site and get a good view of how everything will lay out on the lot and pull the camper into the area and angle I want it at for the summer. Get the truck unhitched and park it on the far side of the lot so we can start setting things out.

This starts the parade of camping neighbors.

Let's start with the Clampits. Ok their real name is Bowen but as the story goes on you will understand. 3 lots directly across the street from us on the right side are all Bowen's Grammy, Uncle (her brother) and bubba. I kid you not that's his name. They sleep 12 in a 27 ft camper and 8 in a 32 ft camper and the 3rd is a pop up that I think another 4 sleep in. Most of them are kids 13 and under. The pop up host the older teens and 20 something's. Grammy keeps all the kids that seam to be under the age of 7. And there's a slue of them. "Mostly" Quiet. A few games of football that all tend to be normal. But here comes the fun part. We got a pretty good rain on Sunday mid day. So much so that between the two main sites formed a large 2 truck size mud hole, well ok it started as a puddle of water, it turned into a mud hole once the kids played slip and slide. When the mud churned up and it got hard to slide they pulled out a rope and took turns dragging the kids thru the mud. So imagine 20 kids fighting over who goes next.

Next we met Don, a retired bus driver. I like Don. He helped David put on some metal straps to hold the conduit pipe for the electric line. He also has 3 Yorkies. 2 Males and a female. Our Yorkie got along well with his but Sugar deemed them to aggressive and made a b-line for the camper. He also owned a Sunset Creek. Not sure what the model is we spend most of the time talking about his years as a bus driver in WV.

Of course we got a chance to get to know the campground owner better. His name is Dana and his wife is Chris. He has a son Cole's age, Cole said he's a dork. What ever that means.
    We got a chance to meet a lady that comes to visit her kids once a month (last weekend was her weekend). Her name is Ella. She smelled like cookies and just had to give us all a hug and told Cole he was really handsome and he could come home with her any time.

Many of the other campers were empty last weekend. Dana said a few only come during the week and others are hit and miss some weekends.

We had a really good weekend. Had a family gathering on Sat. David's mom, grandmother, my Dad and mom, Davids uncle his wife and her son and his girlfriend all joined us for BBQ chicken, corn on the cob and a mix of sides.

It was a different experience not packing up and pulling home, but yet packing up and getting the items out that needed to go home. We brought home left overs to the house And Cole ate on them all week while out of school and home alone this week. Being only 10 mins from home made it easy on David to swing by on monday to pick up his drill he left behind and needed this week.

We have use of a heavy wooden table for the summer. I'm thankful for that because we didn't think about that factor.... It happens.

We have a running bet what kind of entertainment the Clampits will put on this weekend.
    08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
    2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
    2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
    hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

If they offer y'all any "squeezins" you should give it a try.
    Clayton & Gayle
    2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
    2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
    Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I'm thinking this sounds like a new reality show!
      2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
      2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
      B&W Turnover
      Andersen 3220 Ultimate
      Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
      97 27RKFS SB
      04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

I think that she just wanted to join them in the Mud. And she is upset they did not invite her. Do not Worry Sara the sumnmer is just begining, maybe they will allow you in their mud hole
        Frank and Janet Henn
        Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
        2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
        out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

Wait until

Sara comes out with her shoe's on! At least she will add a little sparkle to the place. Hope the Clampits can handle sparkle. LoL
          Westwind
          Rhode Island
          2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
          2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
          Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
          2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
          2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
          Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
          sigpic

Comment

All that, plus free entertainment?

What a deal you got.

And only 10 minutes from home.
            Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
            Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
            04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
            07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
            16K Pullrite Super Slide
            2006 Excel 30RSO
            All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

You might have a large wooden table next week or maybe not, depends if the Clampetts run out of firewood
              sigpic
              PAULA AND GARY

2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
              2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

Comment

We thought about that. But they have piles of it stacked up the side of a picnic shelter.
                08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories

Comment

There is a movie that comes to my mind. Have you ever seen...."The Hills Have Eyes"? lol
                  My friends call me Woody (among other things)
                  My DW's name is Cindy
                  2007 Sunnybrook Brookside 301 RBS
                  2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD LTZ dually D/A
                  sigpic

Comment

Sara,

with you guys being the most stable folks in the CG, you are bound to be a good influence on your new neighbors ....

Jim
                    Jim
                    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Careful Jim. When this is over it may well be a case of: "Who Converted Whom?" :sack:
                      Clayton & Gayle

Comment

my money is on Sara ....

Jim
                        Jim
                        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

The Clampetts had a birthday party today. We counted 50. No joke. We opted to jump in the golf cart and go over to the other campground for several hours. When we came back there was cake all over the road. I don't know if it was dropped or thrown.
                          Tomorrow were starting Margarita hour at noon. I hope to not care what's going on by 2. I'm filling a bucket up with water balloons and gonna play tag. If you can't beat em join em. David has opted out in order to get "projects" done. I keep telling him if I get double teamed he better save me. He says I'm on my own. Wuss.

Comment

Poor David.
                            Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                            Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                            04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                            07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                            16K Pullrite Super Slide
                            2006 Excel 30RSO
                            All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

This is gonna end badly. I've seen things like this before, usually involving me and they never end well. Mixing alcohol with water baloons will get out of control faster than you think. But on the upside, it IS fun while it lasts. Or at least that's the way I remember it.
                              Clayton & Gayle

Comment

Working...
                              X