Funny as long as its not you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny as long as its not you.

We have friends that have had terrible luck with campers the last two years. And when I say bad luck I mean it. Crazy bad luck.
    Two years ago the generator in their class c Winnie went bad. It was several years old and they were really thinking about going larger. So they got a class a for a steal. The only problem was the propane tanks had been wired to run off electric only. And it was a self done job that made things a mess. They only use the camper for racing. While Parker in the yard a tree fell on it. It was bad. A complete total. We never did get photos. Sorry. Anyways they went and got a brand new sun seeker I think that was the name. And in their words a total piece of crap. They uses it twice before the thing caught fire while running in the driveway. Faulty wireing. Debbie had her son bring it around to unload it so they could clean b4 next race. At least it didn't explode. Just fried a lot of wires. Anyways they are now in a class c discovery. And tues they stopped to load groceries on the way to their next race. It started raining so they put the awning out so they could put cases of water gator aid and so forth in the storage area. ( you see where this is going right? ). It's pitch black late at night and they just had 15 miles to go. So they all climb in drive off and hit a tree with the awning OUT!!!! After a great scare. Some choice words and beating with tools it roles up and they went on their way. They just had a new one installed out of state and it flew off before they even go on the first exit after leaving the dealership. They said for all that they don't need one. Lol.
    David advised them they don't need an rv they need a tank.
    08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
    2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
    2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
    hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

I would suggest they seek out a manager and go for a reality show on TV.
    2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
    2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
    B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Movie

Weren't they a movie, I really think I saw one that they were in. Seriously, it's a wonder they keep going.
      Westwind
      Rhode Island
      2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
      2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
      Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
      2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
      2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
      Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
      sigpic

Comment

If I was their insurance agent, I would be scared every time the phone rang.
        2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
        2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
        B&W Turnover
        Andersen 3220 Ultimate
        Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
        97 27RKFS SB
        04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
          If I was their insurance agent, I would be scared every time the phone rang.
          I'm with you there... wow
          Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
          2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
          Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

They have a son who's trying to qualify for Loretta Lynn's. with hopes that he gets seen by pro teams. It's a long shot for him. He's a hit or miss rider. When he's on he's golden. When he's not he's not even in the top 10.
            08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
            2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
            2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
            hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

Working...
            X