Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera

ALWAYS, ALWAYS charge the camera battery at night.

ALWAYS make sure you put the memory card back in the camera.

You don't want to miss great shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stan & Diane Nations
    2014 Big Country 3650RL
    2012 Ram 3500 DRW
    sigpic

[email protected]

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

understood on replacing the memory card ..

Jim
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I never remove the memory card... camera gets connected to PC for file transfer. I agree with the battery tip though!

Comment

I carry 2 spare fully charged batteries and 2 spare memory cards plus 2 sets of charged batteries for the external flash if needed. Now I just have to remember to carry the camera bag.
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
        2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
          understood on replacing the memory card ..

Jim

after posting the above, we grabbed the camera and got into the truck for a ride out in the country .... came upon a beautiful and grabbed the camera .... yep, no memory :censored: card .... first thing we did when we got home was to put a spare card in the truck ..:sack:

Jim
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Stan
            Very nice picture
            2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN Rear Air 4:10's
            2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System, disc brakes
            AIRSAFE Air Hitch
            Blog: bolltimers.com

Comment

I carry extra SD cards in the camera bag.... I have gone out to a photo shoot and left the SD card plugged in the computer at home...

Joe
              Regina & Joe

Comment

Beautiful pictures Stan! Thanks for sharing...Oh yeah, great advice by the way!!
                Tom & Jan
                2007 SunnyBrook 33CKTS
                2008 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 Dually D/A, IBC
                Super Fifth 16K Hitch

Comment

Great pictures Stan. glad to hears things are going better after your first stop. I believe I would mail your surge guard in and have it checked out. To me it should have saved your TV. Buck
                  sigpic
                  Richard and Linda Buchanan
                  2012 Ram 3500 ST DRW
                  2016 Redwood 39MB
                  17.5 Goodyear Tires
                  Disc Brakes
                  TST 507 with flow thru sensors

Comment

Well, I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I experienced an embarrassing and downright aggravating event that needs to be told of so others don't make the same mistake.

October of 2013, we (Jo and I and her middle sister and our youngest son) went off into Old Colorado City to the Michael Garman's Magic Town "museum." While taking pictures inside, I didn't want to use flash, so I reset the white balance setting for the type of lighting inside. (I bet you know where this is going.)

After we left Michael Garman's, we went up on Pike's Peak and I took a bunch of photos of the Autumn colors, especially of the Aspens. Yeppers, all the scenic shots I took came out bluish in color. Enough so, that myself and a couple of others couldn't fix my mistake.

So, ALWAYS remember to reset white balance. I've also forgotten to reset my image resolution on occasion and took photos that wouldn't print out so well in anything larger than an 8"X10" photo.

Terry
                    Terry and Jo

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3
                    2008 Ford F450
                    2010 Ford F150 (Scout or Tag-a-long)

Two minor works in progress....pictures taken over the years and a blog:

Terry and Jo's Photobucket Account

Ignoring the Barking Dogs

Comment

Good stuff Stan,

I purchased a backpack camera bag. It's light enough to wear all the time. I discovered that I don't carry pocket book style bags often enough to remember to pick it up, it's dangerous for me because I will leave it somewhere. So I wear it.
                      2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
                      2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                      B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Lucky me

Fortunately, my Nikon600 has two sd slots. I never take more than one out at a time to download. For sure, gotta carry extra battery, but mine seems to last at least 1000 shots before needing recharge. Just got back from a three day trip to Yellowstone and never changed battery.......975 shots! :snapshot:Never changed the 128GB sd cards either.

Do also carry TWO extra dslr cameras and two pocket point and shoot. As I tell my Boy Scouts, "always have a backup" along with "always be prepared"
                        2005 25' Four Winds TT, 2012 Ram Cummins Diesel

Comment

Laughing

I had to laugh out loud. I have three batteries that last over 200 minutes each, and when we got to a museum the other day, all three were dead. It's usually my habit to recharge one as soon as it dies. But I seemed to have suffered from a senior moment this past week. I have a small carrier on my strap that holds two batteries and three memory chips (there's always one in the camera - most of the time).

As it turned out, I really didn't need my camera for that much yesterday, and I used my phone for a couple of pictures I wanted to take.

I can laugh, because I've done it.

Zerel
                          Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                          Pensacola, FL
                          SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                          2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Another one for the list, ALWAYS erase the memory card before shooting the next day. It's a bummer when you import your files and there are twice as many as you shot that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Stan & Diane Nations
                            2014 Big Country 3650RL
                            2012 Ram 3500 DRW
                            sigpic

[email protected]

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If your camera is able to.

I recommend shooting in RAW mode. It will save more data from your camera. Then when you download them to your camera you have a lot more control over things like color balance and up to + or - 2 stops of light adjustment then you convert them to .jpg in your computer.

The only downside of this is a little more work on the computer and the much larger RAW files on your memory card. But it is well worth it.
                              James Heap
                              2012 F250 6.7 CC SB
                              2013 Arctic Fox 25Y

Comment

Working...
                              X