Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terry and jo
    replied
    We use a "larger" tub for seasonal items. Primarily, the two Lasko stand-alone heaters are in it during the summer and the two Hunter oscillating fans are in it during the winter.

Now, if the wife's "personal summer" kicks on, I get to go to the "seasonal" tub pretty often. Thankfully, that is getting better as she ages.

Oddly enough, having used the Lasko heaters since we started full-timing in 2011, we've never had the odor issue to the point of setting off the detectors. I simply get them from the tub, plug them in, and away they go.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• tvman44
    replied
    I store ours in a box and when I take them out for the winter I use my air compressor to blow them out real well then set them outside and run on high for a few minutes and no smoke or smell.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    good idea .... knowing me, I'll fully intend to put them in a bag but will not get around to doing so ..

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    We store ours in a plastic bag just for this reason. Can still smell slightly butl never any smoke.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    with me, if it don't smoke its wired correctly but with these heaters, the extent of the wiring needed is to plug them in ..

Jim

Leave a comment:

• wingnut60
    replied
    Seems to me, with anything electrical, once it quits smoking, its no good....
    Joe

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    started a topic Smoke Test

Smoke Test

when you haven't run an electric heater several months, dust will collect on the heating element .... that dust will burn the first time you turn on the heater .... in addition to smelling bad, the camper's smoke detector will go nuts ... this is doubly true when you do this with two Vornado heaters at the same time .. ... next year I need to remember to turn them on outside first .... what are the odds of that happening :sack:

Jim
Working...
X