Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly reminder...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Friendly reminder...

    Check your A/C bolts...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

    2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

    "Cram-A-Lot Inn"
    sigpic

    Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

  • #2
    good note .... our newly installed bedroom AC has a built in warning about a bold working loose .... moisture forms and falls on the bed .. :rain:
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JEBar View Post
      good note .... our newly installed bedroom AC has a built in warning about a bold working loose .... moisture forms and falls on the bed .. :rain:
      If it is a Dometic unit you might want to check it for a service bulletin. They have made some that have extra mounting holes in the base and this allows the condensation water to leak inside the unit. The fix is to apply or fill the extra bolt holes with a sealer.

      Jim M
      Jim and Bette
      04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, CB
      09 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL
      Port-A-Steps

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jimtoo View Post
        If it is a Dometic unit you might want to check it for a service bulletin. They have made some that have extra mounting holes in the base and this allows the condensation water to leak inside the unit. The fix is to apply or fill the extra bolt holes with a sealer.

        Jim M

        interesting .... don't think that's the problem with ours ... we had it installed in St Louis on our way out west in June .... it linked a couple of days after we got back on the road .... pulled the cover and 2 bolts were loose .... tightened them and all was good for a couple of months .... started leaking on the way home .... pulled cover and this time one bolt was loose .... tightened it, and all's been good since
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

        Comment


        • #5
          OK,, just wanted to pass the info along.

          Jim M
          Jim and Bette
          04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, CB
          09 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL
          Port-A-Steps

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jimtoo View Post
            OK,, just wanted to pass the info along.

            Jim M
            very good info .... thanks for posting it
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

            Comment


            • #7
              Why

              Why do they keep coming loose? Need some of the blue lock tight.
              Westwind
              Rhode Island
              2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
              2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
              Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
              2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
              2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
              Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
              sigpic

              Comment

              Working...
              X