Check drawers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check drawers

The other day we were setting up, the DW does the slides etc inside while I finish hooking up power etc. anyways I hear the kitchen slide start out and then hear a popping sound(not natural) and the slide stop. My heart stops...I think there goes a slide motor!!!!!I start to walk around to the front door and the DW starts the slide out again just as I get to the slide. I hear this crunching sound and the slide is jumping around. I yelled to stop!!!!I get in and find that the bottom cabinet drawer had come out during travel and the slide had torn off the face of the drawer and it was jammed up against the wall and about to tear off the slide trim.....Fortunately I was able to repair the drawer face with a few screws, actually we were lucky that the face had been put on with staples....it came off easy...might have really ripped up the cabinet......
    sigpic
    PAULA AND GARY

2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
    2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

Glad that you were able to stop in time and repair the damage with a few screws. That could have gotten ugly. Thanks for the warning.

Comment

Gary...

been there, done that with our first Sunny .... we both now make it a practice to take a look at both ends prior to putting slides out :b-wink: ... for us it was a lesson well learned

Jim
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

DITTO

We always look down both sides to make sure a drawer hasn't popped out or something fallen down there. On this last trip " I " forgot to remove one of the slide bars. My note to self was to get a brighter color ribbon and replace the knitting thread we had as a reminder to remove them.
        2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
        2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
        B&W Turnover
        Andersen 3220 Ultimate
        Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
        97 27RKFS SB
        04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

In our 30RKFS we use Velcro loops to make sure the cabinets don't come open on the road. Had it happen twice. Luckily we didn't catch the cabinet doors on the slide, just crushed some plastic cups. :dizzy:
          Ryan, Beth, Alyssa, Maggie the pug & Dexter the destroyer.
          Eatonville WA
          2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 CTD
          2001 Sunnybrook 31BWFS with optional Bedroom Slide.
          https://www.facebook.com/Magentaman

Comment

take it literally?

Is anyone else thinking that if they ever have a slide incident because of not 'checking their drawers' before operating the slide, they would literally have to "check their drawers" after it happened?

I will now carry a spare set for just that eventuality.

Marv

“One consolation about memory loss in old age is that you also forget a lot of things that you didn’t intend to remember in the first place.” George Carlin
            sigpic
            Marv and Mary
            '06 SB 32BWKS
            2014 Silverado, 3500 HD Duramax/Allison, Long Bed, 4X4

Comment

Yesterday I was responding code 3 (lights and siren at high speed) to a burglary in progress. Some idiot, who wasn't paying attention pulled out in front of me and I had to take evasive actions to avoid the collision. You can bet your bet your behind that I had to check my drawers after that.
              Mike and Angela
              '98 Sea Ray Laguna 22' Center Console/Merc 200
              '99 SB 26 CKS-- SOLD
              '07 GMC Sierra SLE2 2500HD 4x4 Z71 CC
              Kyle and Port Aransas, TX

Comment

Originally posted by motorjock View Post
                Yesterday I was responding code 3 (lights and siren at high speed) to a burglary in progress. Some idiot, who wasn't paying attention pulled out in front of me and I had to take evasive actions to avoid the collision. You can bet your bet your behind that I had to check my drawers after that.
                He would have been checking his shorts after I read him his rights and placed him under arrest for SIP! (Stupid In Public).
                :b-wink:
                Ryan, Beth, Alyssa, Maggie the pug & Dexter the destroyer.
                Eatonville WA
                2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 CTD
                2001 Sunnybrook 31BWFS with optional Bedroom Slide.
                https://www.facebook.com/Magentaman

Comment

Working...
                X