Russell
    Dallas, Texas
    Russell
    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
    '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

• its hard to believe that our grandson, Jacob, is now 7 years old .... as can be seen below, he comes up to Maureen's chin .... he still enjoys hear her read .... for his birthday we gave him a Cabela's gift card .... guess that means I have to do my duty and take him .. :sack:
      Attached Files
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• You love it!

You will have a ball with him.
        Westwind
        Rhode Island
        2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
        2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
        Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
        2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
        2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
        Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
        sigpic

Comment

• I have a 12 yr old grandson that is 1/2" taller than his dad (5'8") and makes sure he knows it... Bigger feet too, size 11. My son got his height from his mothers side and the grandson got his from his mother's side, 2 mid 6' range brothers
          Clif and Millie
          Mabank, TX (sorta)
          2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
          2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
          2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

• We spent 3 days celebrating Jacob's 7th birthday. At least it was only 3 days because when Joni first joined the family, she celebrated and expected Jay to, the whole month of her birthday! But we had a great weekend: Friday night he spent with us and he and I watched Dolphin Tales 2. Saturday we hung out until time to go to their house for the party. That was a huge fun time since most of the kids there were little boys 6 and 7 years old.
            Yesterday, of course, Jim and Jacob had to check out Cabela's. I was the holder of the gift card til checkout. Jacob made a selection from the Bargain CAve so he still has some money left on his card for another trip. (This trait he gets from his Aunt Kelley.)
            Then the weekend wound down with dinner at our favorite Japanese steak house. The grandparents crashed before the end of the Sunday night football game!
            I hope everyone had as great a weekend.

Comment

• as noted, Jacob's birthday falls in mid September .... about a year ago our son asked me to begin teaching his son to shoot .... since then we have worked up from a Red Ryder BB rifle to a 22 and he has done well .... so far, I've never allowed him to fire a rifle that would kick him .... as a result, he has no fear of recoil, doesn't flinch when he pulls the trigger, keeps his eyes open and his cheek down on the stock .... he will eventually be given his father's Ruger M77 308 carbine that we had the stock shortened when we gave it to him .... I'm convinced that it isn't time to move him up to Ruger, rather that it is in his best interest to first transition to a centerfire with minimal recoil .... our son has a Ruger GP100 357 and we have everything necessary for reloading .... earlier this week I received a call from our local dealer that a customized Henry Big Boy Steel H012M we had him order has arrived .... it was ordered with a large loop lever and has been given a custom serial number of our choice .... we chose "JACOB2016" .... our plan is for him to begin firing it with open sights and to do so until he becomes thoroughly proficient doing so (we followed this same process when introducing him to shooting a 22) .... do plan to at some point in the future (probably Christmas) will mount a 2.5 X 12 Nikon on it .... for now, it will belong to our son who will turn it over to our grandson sometime in the future when he proves he is ready .... I won't get to see it until we return home during the middle of next month so I was most pleased when after picking it up today our son took some pictures with his phone and sent them to us
              Attached Files
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Now that is a very unique and great birthday present. Especially the SN part.
                Clif and Millie
                Mabank, TX (sorta)
                2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
                2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

• Awesome!! I plan to do the same for both my kids...
                  Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
                  2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                  sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
                  Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

• if/when our granddaughters get old enough, mature enough, and show any serious interest, we will do the same for them
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• after much thought, I've decided to fit our Grandson's birthday gift Henry 357 with a scope .... we have a half dozen other rifles that have iron sights for him to fire .... since there is a chance he may deer hunt with his father this fall, we have decided to give it to him fully equipped to hunt with .... the scope chosen is a 3 X 9 Nikon that, over the years, has become my favorite scope .... I've taken more game using it than with any other scopes we own .... I just took it off of our Henry 44 Mag, it needed no adjustments for it to be mounted .... I hope to get out sometime next week and sight in the scope .... in time we will purchase a replacement scope for the 44 .... well, couldn't stand it any longer, went out in the back yard and fired 3 38 special rounds .... as anticipated and hoped for, recoil is very mild, more than a 22 but not by much .... I don't have any 357's on hand, looking forward to firing some so as to determine the difference
                      Attached Files
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• update

in a phone conversation with our son (Jacob's Dad), I found out he has some of our full power 357 hunting rounds in one of his bags near our gun fault .... went in and easily found 3 rounds .... with rain from Hurricane Hermine coming down I kept looking at Jacob's rife and then out at the rain .... I swear that after a while I say a letup in the rain so I picked up the rifle and went out side ... turned out I was wrong, there was no letup ..:rain:.. being wet already it seemed logical to go on and test the hunting loads ..:sack:.. quickly fired all three and paused only long enough to pick up the empty casings .... really wasn't out that long but a change of shirt was in order .... thought about it as I sat giving the rifle its thorough cleaning .... as anticipated, the recoil from the 357's was markedly heavier than from 38's .... I find that how it felt is hard for me to put it on a scale .... one thing for certain is it is lighter than any hunting rifle I've ever owned .... about the best I can come up with is similar to that of a 243 I had a chance to fire a good many years ago ... our grandson weighs about 72 lbs so what he would feel would be considerably different than it was for me .... we will start him out on 38's (once we get our reloading equipment back in operation it will be on lightly charged 38's) and up him to 357 sometime prior to our son taking him hunting .... I hope to get some pictures of his reaction and of him firing it
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• He will love that rifle.
                          2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
                          2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                          B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

• sure hope so ...
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• You are spoiling your grandchild. I would never do that. Oh wait, the 4 of them that are here for a sleepover tonight want more ice cream. Gota go... :stir:
                              2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
                              2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxFanRay View Post
                                You are spoiling your grandchild. I would never do that. Oh wait, the 4 of them that are here for a sleepover tonight want more ice cream. Gota go... :stir:
                                understood, our 3 grandkids were with us to eat and now have gone next door to our daughter's for a sleepover .... love having them here, sure a bunch quieter when they are gone ...
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X